PDA

View Full Version : Alfa Warbird Set-ups

alienx
05-11-2006, 05:49 PM
I think I am interested in getting one or two of these and am having a hard time figuring out how easy it is to set-up with a direct drive brushless motor.

If anyone has any experience, can you please tell me the plane, motor, and any mods you had to do to mount it? Also, are you happy with it?

Thanks. Andy

rcers
05-11-2006, 07:17 PM
The Alfa kits are as easy as it gets. Bolt motor to firewall and go fly. I have used MP Jet outrunners (they fit perfectly) and the cheaper Skatty 400 motors that HL has on sale once and a while.

They have all worked great!

Mike

stuk_at_work
05-11-2006, 07:55 PM
The motor mount is easy, but be aware that Apha models do not have the best setup instructions. Fortunately, there is not alot required to assemble them, but some experience is a plus. They do fly great! Keep in mind that if you do get "stuck" building, there are many of us who have already gone through the process once or twice, so feel free to ask!

alienx
05-11-2006, 08:14 PM
Thanks guys.

I guess the build seems easy, I was more worried about what brushless motor would bolt to the firewall without any mods.

Somebody in another forum mentioned a motor ESC combo for about $30 bucks and it seemed a lot better of a deal than getting the stuff on the hobby lobby site. It was a motor at www.rchotdeals.com (http://www.rchotdeals.com) .

I really like that P47 even though I have the unflown version of the E-flite already. And this started because the P51 Marie is on sale now for $99 bucks.

HogCrewChief
05-11-2006, 09:31 PM
Go with the setup that Hobby Lobby recommends. It is a little pricey but the installation is SUPER easy and the performance is AWSOME! I have the P-47 and FW-190 with the blue MP outrunners and I love them. They just bolt right to the firewall on the pre-marked position, very simple.The P-47 was my first electric and I think the build/assembly is very easy. I think the instructions and the diagram are very good.

Tony