PDA

View Full Version : Slow stick problems. Help!!

RickAvery
08-22-2005, 07:36 PM
Iím asking this question on behalf of my bro-in-law as he hasnít a computer. He has just built up a GWS slow stick. We have both successfully built up several GWS models so this build up is certainly not beyond his ability. Itís set up with HS-55 servos, a little 280-300 brushed motor and stock gear-box, flying on a 2cell 900mah LiPo battery. With the leading edge of the wing at 5Ē from the front of the stick, she balances out at 4Ē back of the leading edge. This seems to be OK according to the instructions in the manual. The problem is, the plane takes off and flies but is constantly porposing, (sp?) up and down and will not trim out to level flight regardless of the power setting. I have a slo-V which doesnít have this problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Rick

vansrv8er
08-22-2005, 10:24 PM
I have just built one for my father inlaw and flew it for the first time this morning. I would double check your instructions for it sounds to me like your cg is way to far rearward. If I recall it is to be 95mm from the leading edge. 95 mm comes out @ 3.75 inches. Also double check the angle of attack. Make sure that the wing is laying on the mount and not hung up on electronics!!! I hope this helps

Steve
08-23-2005, 01:55 AM
I agree with Van.... You have a CG problem. As a general rule the center of gravity should be 1/3 of the total wing chord (measurement from leading edge to trailing edge) from the leading edge. Adjust your CG to 3.5" and try again. Remember, you're balancing to a mark on the wing NOT the fuse.

RickAvery
08-25-2005, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the info. Will try your suggestions out.
Rick