PDA

View Full Version : Havard /at6 Texan 74 Inch Span Axi Power

e power
05-12-2006, 09:13 PM
Hello,
just thought I would post a few pictures of my new model,its a highly modified scaled up Seagull models Texan/harvard,built by my club mate Mr jim Horne,
details are 74 inch span axi 4130/16 axi on an apce 16x10 using 6s lipos cc 60 amp esc .
This model started life as an artf kit,jim stripped off all the nasty pro film and made all the control surfaces the correct shape,he then added litho plate panels rivets etc before re covering with heat shrink fabric ,adding more surface detail and a coat of clear varnish with subtle dirty marks hear and there.
The model weighs 10 .5 lbs with mechanical retracts and of yet is unflown,the motor is producing 1150 watts @ 50 amps so should fly?.if it flys my only mod will be to make a battery hatch,as at the moment i have to remove the wing hope you like it chaps cheers Euan.

e power
05-14-2006, 07:31 AM
test flew the Harvard yesterday and it goes really well,plenty of power to do aeros,changed the prop to a 15x10 apce ,happy with all aspects of this plane ,
cheers Euan.

flypaper 2
05-14-2006, 01:10 PM
Just being inquisitive. Why did you drop the prop size? drawing to much current? I'm looking for a power package for a TopFlite Corsair and yours looks good. What batt. capacity and how long a run time.? Nice job. Does it have flaps and how are the landings?

tahustvedt
05-14-2006, 01:32 PM
The manual for this plane can be downloaded from here (scale models): http://www.seagullmodels.com/

Nice Texan! I looked into this model a couple of months ago but ended up getting a 74" Spitfire instead. What kind of battery are you using?

Have you considered adding sound to the plane? Check the warbirds forum.

e power
05-14-2006, 09:41 PM
Hello,
thanks to both of you for the comments on my Harvard,I changed the prop to the smaller size as i have three other models all running AXI 4130/16 on 15x10,check out my posting in the pattern section ,<aeropro 110>and this combo on 6s works great,other reason first flight nerves?.I use 6s 5400 mah lipos from HI MODEL in china cheap as chips and so far 100%.the landings could benefit from flaps especaily if headwind is limited.any more questions please get in touch Euan Galloway.ps watts was 115o on 16x10 @ 50amps on 15x10 1000 @ 43 amps so not much in it,sorry did not check RPM.run time should be around three flights @ 6 ...7 mins each.

e power
05-18-2006, 09:54 PM
Hi,
had a couple more flights with the texan and decided that the removal of the wing to get at the battery was too much hassle on a cold flying site.
i decided to make access easier by cutting a hatch in the front deck and i have added a couple of pictures ,i do hope my mate Jim forgives me,sorry mate<.had a look at the warbirds thread and viewed the video clips,how do you go about posting video clips ??take care all of you,
cheers Euan Galloway.