PDA

View Full Version : I need help.

HermitRiver
05-13-2006, 03:51 PM
This plane, type and setup is very new to me. I got this proto, 22" span, 2 3/4" chord, about 14" OAL, just had to have it since I got it for under $20, have a need for speed (in my dreams anyway) and it's pretty nice construction, carbon fiber in horiz stab, across wing cg, front and rear of wing/fuse junction.
I would certainly appreciate any and all suggestions on finishing out, motor/esc, glass or mono? Should I split the elev and have a y pushrod going to it from 1 servo? Wing has cutout for elev servo. Guess it is speed 400 class. I have some 4.1x4.1 and 5.5x4.5 speed 400 props comming. I am open to speed 400, brushless suggs, even lower than s400 as I am certainly not ready for this kind of speed yet:eek: I have a berg4l and a couple hitec55, bb61. Should I go smaller servos? Prob like to stick to 2s pack for weight and space. I have been running 9x props on 400xt, will they run a 4.1 or 5 prop? Really unload and low amp draw or self destruct? (Anyone with motocalc, 400xt, 10a TP esc, (have TP15 too if necessary but think it may be overkill) , either prop 4.1x4.1 and 5.5x4.5 and etec 2s 800hp???) Thank you for any help at all, I would be most gracious. :confused:I'm lost. Hermit

HermitRiver
05-13-2006, 04:38 PM
OOPs. Pic would help I guess. Hermit

thunder 21
05-13-2006, 11:13 PM
go 2 my posts and find a video there is a build link 2 a plane that is very similar,,,and very fast

HermitRiver
05-13-2006, 11:25 PM
go 2 my posts and find a video there is a build link 2 a plane that is very similar,,,and very fast

Thank you Thunder, have a meeting to go to and then I will come back and look. I'm certainly not ready to fly this baby but when I can It's going up:eek: Hermit

HermitRiver
05-14-2006, 03:53 PM

Thank you, got many ideas. Also checked your vid, that pusher jet looks like a joy to fly. Hermit

Bill G
05-14-2006, 06:03 PM
Quote:
"The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination." - Ronald Reagan
www.hermitriver.com (http://www.hermitriver.com/) :D

Here's my favorite. Picture Walter "always looks like he just saw a ghost" Mondale, halfway sunk in water:

"I know it'll come as a surprise to Mr. Mondale, but I am in charge. I know he has a commercial out where he's appearing on the deck of the Nimitz and watching the F-14's take off. And that's an image of strength -- except that if he had had his way when the Nimitz was being planned, he would have been deep in the water out there because there wouldn't have been any Nimitz to stand on -- he was against it."

Thought he would look cool standing next to F14s........
NOT!

HermitRiver
05-15-2006, 12:28 AM
Quote:
"The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination." - Ronald Reagan
www.hermitriver.com (http://www.hermitriver.com/) :D

Here's my favorite. Picture Walter "always looks like he just saw a ghost" Mondale, halfway sunk in water:

"I know it'll come as a surprise to Mr. Mondale, but I am in charge. I know he has a commercial out where he's appearing on the deck of the Nimitz and watching the F-14's take off. And that's an image of strength -- except that if he had had his way when the Nimitz was being planned, he would have been deep in the water out there because there wouldn't have been any Nimitz to stand on -- he was against it."

Thought he would look cool standing next to F14s........
NOT!
Bill. So true of politicians today. Show the people what they want to see even if you are dead against it. Kerry finally gave back the shotgun and hunting gear he borrowed before campaining. Wonder who knows Hillary backed the Black Panthers over a brutal murder. Ever check out US code set forth by Good old communist JFK? It's called "world peace and disarmament treaty" Went into effect 1961. You can find some searching on the web but try to find it all. No library system was able to come up with a hard copy for me. They said, it't on the net at this URL. NOT. "unavailable" Every president after JFK was mandated to enforce and continue working on this plan. Cut bases and military forces until there are 2Mil US GI's and 2Mil Ruskies. All other countries have small allotments like 50K. 1 mil of each stay on US or Ruski homeland the other 1mil are "world police" Every wonder why since 1961 head of UN has been a rusky until just this past one? An African? Pretty sad state of affairs this place once called America, land of the free, life liberty and a dagger in the back. Hermit

Bill G
05-15-2006, 04:07 AM
I hear you. Actually the guy that heads the UN now, may as well be called a nobody. I would'nt insult Africa by connecting them to him.:eek:
But for all practical intent and purpose, you're entirely right, he's a commie too.

HermitRiver
05-15-2006, 12:18 PM
I hear you. Actually the guy that heads the UN now, may as well be called a nobody. I would'nt insult Africa by connecting them to him.:eek:
But for all practical intent and purpose, you're entirely right, he's a commie too.

Bill. I think he is there as a demographic figurehead, a little ploy "see, it's not always a Russian" Some people think I am paranoid. You're not paranoid if they really are out to get you, and they are. 30 of the worlds richest men meet every year in an "undisclosed location" and discuss the future of the world, world order, disarmament... Majority of Americans have no idea what's planned, nor care. I believe in America, the constitution, in God we trust, the ammendments. As you see the 1st means very much to me and bet I'll protect them all with the 2nd when the time comes. Have to go to the VA hosp today but later I will start a thread in off topic where we can let go the thunder some of us still have. Hermit

Jason T
05-15-2006, 12:24 PM
Guys,

Lets stay on topic here. Thanks!

HermitRiver
05-15-2006, 06:58 PM
Guys,

Lets stay on topic here. Thanks!

Ok, sorry.:o Hermit

thunder 21
05-24-2006, 11:59 AM
Thank you, got many ideas. Also checked your vid, that pusher jet looks like a joy to fly. Hermitthat pusher jet is a joy 2 fly i scratch built it this march that video was of the maiden flight with a 11/4.7 slow prop i have since tryed other props with better results it is perfect with a 11/7 slow prop i will try 2 get some new video up 4 u...ive built alot of planes and this 1 is sweet it stalls at less than 5 mph an flies over 60 mph like its on rails ...gunderson aero design will be kitting this model in the near future ....so every one can have some fun...

HermitRiver
05-24-2006, 01:35 PM
that pusher jet is a joy 2 fly i scratch built it this march that video was of the maiden flight with a 11/4.7 slow prop i have since tryed other props with better results it is perfect with a 11/7 slow prop i will try 2 get some new video up 4 u...ive built alot of planes and this 1 is sweet it stalls at less than 5 mph an flies over 60 mph like its on rails ...gunderson aero design will be kitting this model in the near future ....so every one can have some fun...

Thunder. I inherited a foam jet an old nitro builder cut with a hot wire. It was a nitro pusher but I would like to convert it to electric pusher or twin EDF. I'll try to get some pics of it and specs up soon and let you know which "appropriate forum" it is in. It's about 4 feet long, 2 feet wide, appears to be a F15. He said he believes his prb was he set up to fly with twin fuel tanks. getting rid of all that junk may make a flyer. Needs a bit of work, rudders need some repair etc but 90% salvageble. Hermit

thunder 21
05-26-2006, 12:25 PM
what will b youre power system 4 youre f15 .....ps nice blades on youre web site you ever build a filet knife

HermitRiver
05-26-2006, 01:59 PM
what will b youre power system 4 youre f15 .....ps nice blades on youre web site you ever build a filet knife

Thunder. I was hoping you could help me:eek: Maybe twin EDF's? Being twin intakes and exaust leaves room for power. is it pissible to make a good EDF ourselves?
Oh yes, I have made fillets. I mostly use the same blades martini, and the Finnish makers use (cause they are good:D) but just different handles and handmade leather sheaths. Like handles of fire birch and reindeer accents etc. made a slick elephant ivory fillet knife in a presentation box for a charter capt once. Was $300 at the time with a large piece of ivory tusk in trade. His crew got it for him as a surprise. He just died a month ago at 54. Hard partier. Hope his Hiers enjoy the craftsmanship. I scrimshawed his name on one side "Capt Pete" and his boat was the blackhawk so I scrimshawed a blackhawk with blood dripping from it's beak on the other. Quite a knife. OOPs, there I am off topic again. Hermit

thunder 21
05-27-2006, 11:36 AM
i would skip the ducts and put twin pushers himax 3510-1540s 7/7 props 2100 3s tp bats ..that would haul or try feigao cans with speed 400 prps,,,,,off topic i guide salmon in ak in july fillet a few fish 2

HermitRiver
05-27-2006, 02:52 PM
Thunder.. Ill have to post a pic of it so you can get a better idea. It was set up for one nitro engine. I would have to disect and remove all that excess weight of twin tanks and all also. Like the idea of twin fieagos.

I commercial fished too, West coast (Wa for salmon troller) and East coast had a lobster boat, also mated, cook and cheif engineer on tuna boats. You get near them copper river kings? best kings ever but give me a silver to eat. Hermit

thunder 21
05-27-2006, 09:56 PM
we fish small groups of 4 on the rivers of cook inlet keni/kasilof /ancore/we fish some kings but mostly reds\sockeye..and do a little silver fishen at the hole in homer on the spit after our halibut charters ...were a coupel hundred miles north west of the coper river the fish probably feed in the same area and taste the same or prety close ...dang good smoked or grilled

HermitRiver
05-28-2006, 12:15 AM
we fish small groups of 4 on the rivers of cook inlet keni/kasilof /ancore/we fish some kings but mostly reds\sockeye..and do a little silver fishen at the hole in homer on the spit after our halibut charters ...were a coupel hundred miles north west of the coper river the fish probably feed in the same area and taste the same or prety close ...dang good smoked or grilled

Miss good salmon fishing. I like a good king on the line for the sport but white or pink the tast just can't compare. We have landlocked and true atlantic here but not many, and protected, sort of:rolleyes: Copper river were the best smoking. Give me the fat content and taste of a silver anyway. Cracks me up here. people actually buy and eat humpies:eek: They think it's food for human consumption, poor ignorant cusses. Hermit

max-nix
05-28-2006, 11:11 PM
Hermit
You need a hi KV motor. The Multiplex 400/6D BL is a good example.

Rotor Magnet Neodymium
Motor KV (RPM/Volt) 3400

No Load Current 1.6A
Maximum Current 30A
Maximum Power 250W
Maximum RPM 50,000
Efficiency Range 12A-25A
Motor Only PN M332452

Application Pylon / * Prop Range 4" - 6"
(Aerobatic w/ optional gear box)

If you use the motor calculation program at:
http://www.multiplexusa.com/

and you choose a
BL-400 6D
2 cell TP 2100
a 5.5" dia by 5.5" pitch APC prop
it will draw 24.513 amps
@ 17325 RPM
For a prop speeed of 90.2 MPH (theoretical)
with a full throttle duration of *5 min.

The point being: you need a light B/L motor that will churn out a sufficient number of watts & RPM on a 2 cell LI-PO & a smallish prop that will not torque roll when launched & give a goodly top speed to fly the high wing loading.
This is one example.

When cruising at 1/2 throttle the motor may only draw 1/3 the amps thus more flight time than the calc figure indicates.

Did this help or cornfuse?

HermitRiver
05-29-2006, 01:39 AM
Hermit
You need a hi KV motor. The Multiplex 400/6D BL is a good example.

Rotor Magnet Neodymium
Motor KV (RPM/Volt) 3400

No Load Current 1.6A
Maximum Current 30A
Maximum Power 250W
Maximum RPM 50,000
Efficiency Range 12A-25A
Motor Only PN M332452

Application Pylon / * Prop Range 4" - 6"
(Aerobatic w/ optional gear box)

If you use the motor calculation program at:
http://www.multiplexusa.com/

and you choose a
BL-400 6D
2 cell TP 2100
a 5.5" dia by 5.5" pitch APC prop
it will draw 24.513 amps
@ 17325 RPM
For a prop speeed of 90.2 MPH (theoretical)
with a full throttle duration of *5 min.

The point being: you need a light B/L motor that will churn out a sufficient number of watts & RPM on a 2 cell LI-PO & a smallish prop that will not torque roll when launched & give a goodly top speed to fly the high wing loading.
This is one example.

When cruising at 1/2 throttle the motor may only draw 1/3 the amps thus more flight time than the calc figure indicates.

Thanks Max, It is a high wing loading for sure but I guess these little birds can really sing. I tried them motor calc things, greek to me. Hardly ever list the ESC, motors or batteies I use. Maybe that's the problem. got to stop running these things on electrolux vac motors and diehards:eek: I copied the info you gave me so I can hunt it down. Just had a great dusk flight. Bled some of the evil spirits out though, prop bite and black flie attacks:rolleyes: Hermit

HermitRiver
05-29-2006, 01:42 AM
Thanks Max, It is a high wing loading for sure. Going to take care of some of that removing all the nitro necessities. Think it will do that on a 2s? I tried them motor calc things, greek to me. Hardly ever list the ESC, motors or batteies I use. Maybe that's the problem. got to stop running these things on electrolux vac motors and diehards:eek: I copied the info you gave me so I can hunt it down. Just had a great dusk flight. Bled some of the evil spirits out though, prop bite and black flie attacks:rolleyes: Hermit
PS. Yes it did help, thank you. I am thick but it does get thru eventually. I'll try to get a better pic of the plane tomorrow with some closeups and measurements. Need a pic of the stickboy V too, it's done except for reinforcing the control rods. Hermit

HermitRiver
05-29-2006, 01:33 PM

Max.. Found them motors at NESAIL about $59. That sound about right? Looks like killer specs. Hermit

max-nix
05-29-2006, 11:49 PM
Hermit
Sounds like a very good price, a couple of modelers here are using them on their Strykers and are happy with them. Make sure they are the 400/6D BL and not the 480 BL as it has very different specs.

HermitRiver
05-30-2006, 12:22 AM
Hermit
Sounds like a very good price, a couple of modelers here are using them on their Strykers and are happy with them. Make sure they are the 400/6D BL and not the 480 BL as it has very different specs.

Max.. I'll have to check it out closer. Here is the link anyway. http://ww.nesail.com/detail.php?productID=4253&PHPSESSID=f5178854b38036a91bba436cb918db39

That look right? Numbers and me don't mix well:rolleyes: Hermit

thunder 21
05-30-2006, 04:28 AM
Miss good salmon fishing. I like a good king on the line for the sport but white or pink the tast just can't compare. We have landlocked and true atlantic here but not many, and protected, sort of:rolleyes: Copper river were the best smoking. Give me the fat content and taste of a silver anyway. Cracks me up here. people actually buy and eat humpies:eek: They think it's food for human consumption, poor ignorant cusses. Hermit pinks/humpies arefun 2 catch but are dog food...silvers are good reds are 2 silvers are better grlled reds=sockeye smoked

HermitRiver
05-30-2006, 02:25 PM
fun 2 catch but are dog food silvers are good reds are 2 silvers are better grlled reds smoked

Cept fold silvers (coho) and an a=occasional king it's a'' dog food to me. Nice fresh silver will spoil you. Yea, Ok sometimes I make a quiche with a can of pink but it only reminds me of the yuppie Xplants to WA who think Pink are edible. Hermit

thunder 21
05-31-2006, 11:40 AM
i ment 2 say pinks/ humpies are dog food in ak they call em dog salmon chum salmon also are dog food.

HermitRiver
05-31-2006, 02:32 PM
i ment 2 say pinks/ humpies are dog food in ak they call em dog salmon chum salmon also are dog food.

Yup. Humpie are pure dog food, that is if you got a real hungry dog or they won't even eat it! Pinks aren't far behind. Hermit