PDA

View Full Version : Z planes P40 cartoon plane

VOLUNTEER
05-15-2006, 09:03 PM
Does anyone have info/experience with this plane? I really like it looks but can't find anything on it's flying abilities.

Tom Moody
05-17-2006, 04:47 AM
I saw one flying at our indoor sessions this winter and it was great at hovering and I would like to get one but cannot find where to buy one.

Tom Moody

qban_flyer
05-17-2006, 05:25 AM
Is a link to them available? :confused:

VOLUNTEER
05-17-2006, 04:23 PM
http://www.dynamoelectrics.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=62

I took a leap and ordered one from them. As you see a cartoon P51 is also available. Z Planes also sells them on their website but communication with them has been a little bit difficult.

firemanbill
05-17-2006, 04:48 PM
Those are cute! Let us know how it works out when you get it!

qban_flyer
05-17-2006, 10:26 PM
http://www.dynamoelectrics.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=62

I took a leap and ordered one from them. As you see a cartoon P51 is also available. Z Planes also sells them on their website but communication with them has been a little bit difficult.Thanks for the link.

I have to have that P-40. :D

VOLUNTEER
05-23-2006, 06:33 PM
and it's nice looking kit. It came in a plastic bag but no damage from shipping. It would go together in a couple of hours if it weren't for the paint and glue. The insrtuctions are all in English since it''s made in the USA. I'll post a picture when I'm finished with the build.

qban_flyer
05-23-2006, 09:13 PM
and it's nice looking kit. It came in a plastic bag but no damage from shipping. It would go together in a couple of hours if it weren't for the paint and glue. The insrtuctions are all in English since it''s made in the USA. I'll post a picture when I'm finished with the build.Good show. Keep us posted, pzzz. :)

VOLUNTEER
05-25-2006, 11:47 PM
Here's a couple of pictures showing Tamiya OD on top and Tamiya Light sand on the bottom. Both were sprayed from a can with no damage. While I'm waiting on the motor, esc, etc to arrive I'm working out a camo pattern. There's lot of ideas out there on the internet. Notice that the fuselage on the botton is a double making it easy to hide and protect the electronics.http://www.photodump.com/direct/Oracle/P-40003.jpghttp://www.photodump.com/direct/Oracle/P-40.jpg

VOLUNTEER
05-26-2006, 01:21 AM
Those pics are huge! Does anybody know how to resize them?

sb13
12-17-2006, 05:16 AM
I know the man that designed this P40. I fly indoors and out with him all the time. I fly the cartoon P40 and I have put several of them together now. These are the best little airplanes for flying at a 45 degree angle and hovering. These planes will not and I mean will not stall period! They will fly as slow as you want them to and you can torque roll the heck out of them. Again the creator is a good friend of mine and I am sure I can get you one of these kits if you like. Email me at sb13@veriaon.net and I will be happy to do what I can to help you out. You will love this thing and I do believe it's the best kept secret when it comes to learning 3D or for experienced 3D pilots. He also has another design we have been flying indoors now that will torque roll when you hit the sweet spot with you not even giving the right stick any input, you can let go of the right stick completly once you hit the sweet spot. Please email me for help getting one of these becouse I really love hearing pilots feedback after they have flown one for the first time. They all LOVE IT!!!

VOLUNTEER
12-17-2006, 03:11 PM
I have one and love everything about it except the foam. It's very brittle but, then again, it's easy to fix. As you say Scott it's almost impossible to stall, as least, I haven't yet. Just a real fun plane.

sb13
12-17-2006, 03:15 PM
I fly nitro and gas planes and still just love flying the heck out of my cartoon P-40 from Z-Planes.

sb13
12-22-2006, 01:18 AM
Does anyone have any questions about the P-40 or other designs by Z-Planes? Email me at sb13@verizon.net and I will help you out.