PDA

View Full Version : gws zero

0ksv0
05-17-2006, 01:07 AM
need help with battery pack for gws zero want to upgrade to a higher mah and stay with 8.4 v.what would be the best pack config for the zero.worried about the balance of the plane.Hope some one can help.

qban_flyer
05-17-2006, 02:14 AM
need help with battery pack for gws zero want to upgrade to a higher mah and stay with 8.4 v.what would be the best pack config for the zero.worried about the balance of the plane.Hope some one can help.Check MaxxProd (MPI) they will configure a NiCad or NiMH pack to your needs. Good prices on everything.

http://www.maxxprod.com/

http://www.maxxprod.com/mpi/mpi-7.html

pmh
05-17-2006, 03:09 AM
Glad to see you on Wattflyer at last!! Bunch of like-minded individuals just like us looking to better our knowledge and skills. You'll soon receive all the info you need. Now, my friend, your Zero has hope! By the way, next time you better say Hi. Keep us posted on your progress. See ya.

Sky Sharkster
05-17-2006, 10:34 AM
Hello OKsvO, Welcome to Wattflyer!, I have a GWS Zero also, they're a good-flying Warbird if you lower the wing incidence (raise wing trailing edge 1/8") and get the C.G. right. You should be able to go up to 1100-1200mAH with NiCads or Nimh and still fit if you open up the battery compartment nearly all the way to the front. If you decide to try LiPos a problem is the 2 cells are too light, won't balance. I ended up using 3 cell 2100mAH to get the C.G. on the spar(bamboo or carbon reinforcement)pushed ALL the way forward. Now it flys great and I get 15 minutes+ per pack or 2 shorter flights.
Good Luck!
Ron

K CLOSE
05-17-2006, 04:28 PM
OksvO--- I have a GWS Zero that is now one of my best flying planes I've ever built/modded. The mod's I made are extensive, and only took two models to get right (if you want to be board I'll e-mail you the laundry list). The short answer is switch to a GWS geared 400 and 7.4 lipo's. The balance is almost spot-on, and 25-30 minute spirtied flights are the norm.

redgiki
05-17-2006, 07:18 PM
I would love the laundry list of mods you did to your GWS Zero. I've been thinking about getting one of these, but I don't want ANOTHER bird that I have to power with my 3S 2100mAh LiPos. I want one which will fly fine on my 2S 800mAh or 2S 1300mAh, in order to be having different batteries on my five charging stations at the same time.

Thanks in advance!

0ksv0
05-22-2006, 11:02 PM
just wanted to say thanks to all you fellow r/cr's for your help with my zero.Just put a new 400 e geared motor on and the balance should not be a problem now.Thanks again guy's and i am sure i will be needing your assistance again being i am new to this hobby.:D :)