PDA

View Full Version : posts gone

pisarski
05-17-2006, 04:31 PM
:mad: just want to know what happend to my posts i posted in mx400 last night and went to the page today and my posts are gone is it that you cant say what is on your mind this sucks

redgiki
05-17-2006, 04:54 PM
pisarski,

The mods are aware that some people have randomly lost posts. I'm one of those who have also lost several posts. What we need to do is get the full URI of the post. The trouble is, that means you have to end up copying the URIs of all the posts you make in order to try to snag it that one random time that something gets yanked.

If you think it was a moderator who pulled it, then contact them and ask. They can look. The four or five I've lost weren't removed by mods, they just disappeared.

These days, I copy the URI after every post. And, of course, since I started doing it, it hasn't happened again...

admin
05-17-2006, 07:40 PM
nothing should be disappearing here. I'll have my guys look into this.

watt_the?!
05-18-2006, 12:18 AM
i deleted them and left a reason why. nothing screwy.

watt_the?!
05-18-2006, 12:30 AM
sorry- ill expand on this.

the originator has spent some time getting advice and putting together a lengthy thread on his mx400 build. Everything very positive and he's obviously enhjoying himselve researching mods, tidbits and reporting them etc.

yes, you are allowed to post your thoughts, but chiming in with your first post with ''you couldve bought a trex se and be flying by now for the same price'' i thought was a bit harsh.

subsequent to that you were pulled up by another member for doing so.

and you responded to that also.

rather than let it get to a standoff, as well as retract from the thread itself, i thought i'd just nip it in the bud so to speak.

i didnt issue any warnings or PMs as 1, i thought it was kinda obvious, 2, i didnt think the issue was that bad, and 3, i thought that there would be no questions/comments on it being removed (the other poster has not mentioned it).

so, no harm done, thread in tact, no one ruffled etc.

i apologise if this has upset you and encourage you to post your thoughts.

mind you, we do have a bit more of a lighter side here which takes some getting used to by people who have been used to other forums that are much more blunt, direct and, dare i say it, confrontational.

we're trying to keep it fun and with a cooperative style i guess.

please let me know your thoughts on this approach.

Cheers,

Tim

pisarski
05-18-2006, 02:10 AM
no big deal just was wondering ????

Thanks Ray

redgiki
05-18-2006, 03:11 AM
I apologize for leading you astray as to a possible cause... as I mentioned, I haven't lost posts randomly in a few weeks, and I've been tracking them fairly religiously.

Even when it was a problem, it seemed to only occur on posts put up around 2-3AM, US/MDT. Not a lot of posters at that time of day, except us bored shift workers :)

watt_the?!
05-18-2006, 03:36 AM
thanks guys...no harm intended thats for sure.