PDA

View Full Version : AP contests

bhchan
03-01-2006, 11:08 PM
Steve, Mike,

I received the Rx from FMA. Thank you. I would like to thank FMA for suporting the Wattflyer First Aerial Photograph contest.

aviatordave
03-17-2006, 01:39 PM
Its getting nicer each day.....maybe we can get another contest started with a spring theme (make the time frame long enough for the northern people to participate).....even if there is no prize it would be fun to do. What do you guys think?

-Dave (the snow is all melted here!)

admin
03-17-2006, 01:45 PM
we are planning a 2nd AP contest with a new theme along with a general contest of some kind for all members so they can participate in case they don't have AP equipment.

I have to do some tweaking to the contest software I recoded so we can archive the old contests and open up the new one. also we need to finalize an theme for the AP one.

EUT
03-17-2006, 05:26 PM
How about "How we travel" Roads, Railroads, Airports, Water ways, Trails, etc?

bhchan
03-17-2006, 05:44 PM
we are planning a 2nd AP contest with a new theme along with a general contest of some kind for all members so they can participate in case they don't have AP equipment.

Marc,

Not to dampen the spirit of fairness. I would like to suggest we should have separate contest, one for AP and one for ground-based camera. Otherwise it will be harder to judge as ground shots are generally easier to obtain (not saying it is better) than AP. After all, this "IS" the AP forum.

I don't think I had a good photo to win the last contest, I think it had more the "WOW" factor than it is a great picture. Take a look at the photo Slopedog took to win the last RC Groups contest. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=486427

Just my two cents.:rolleyes:

EUT
03-17-2006, 05:49 PM
I agree, AP should be a separate contest.

Newbrian
03-23-2006, 04:29 AM
Yes, I third that.....

tandemssafetyguy
03-23-2006, 10:34 PM
Contest ideas:
Best air to air
Most unusual feature photographed

aviatordave
03-24-2006, 01:57 AM
Admin,

Cant we just let one of the AP mods in here handle setting up unofficial contests between the official contests? It would sure would make things more fun here in this forum.

We can keep the same rules, maybe start a poll to decide the first AP subject and go from there.

whadya think?

Dave