PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when it's too windy to fly?

firemanbill
05-20-2006, 09:50 PM
OK, way too windy to go out today and I'm bored so I thought I'd set this up.

Just a couple of pics of some of my toys.

netdudeuk
05-20-2006, 10:20 PM
What's the blue car ?

firemanbill
05-20-2006, 10:24 PM
That is a 1971 Volkswagen Karman Ghia

netdudeuk
05-20-2006, 10:29 PM
Nice - always been a VW fan myself and saw a nice classic Beetle this evening. However a September 2005 VW MPV with all the gadgets is fine by me thanks :D

firemanbill
05-20-2006, 10:32 PM
Thanks. The water cooled versions are ok too I guess:D

netdudeuk
05-20-2006, 10:34 PM
It reminds me of some classic Volvo of the same era

firemanbill
05-20-2006, 10:41 PM
It does a bit doesn't it? I know which one you are referring to but can't think of the name of it.

Mine is a bit deceiving since it has been lowered all the way around and there are no bumpers on it. All the chrome moldings have been removed as well as putting a 73 Porsche 5 speed gearbox in it!

netdudeuk
05-20-2006, 11:03 PM
(http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=turner%20sports%20cars%2063%2F578&btnG=Search&sa=N&tab=wi)

Don Sims
05-21-2006, 02:02 AM
To answer your origional question, I fly one of my wings or the Superfly when it's windy. Or take out regular planes and fly backwards.

firemanbill
05-21-2006, 02:28 AM
To answer your origional question, I fly one of my wings or the Superfly when it's windy. Or take out regular planes and fly backwards.

Then it's not too windy too fly is it?:D I know you've got the Bike. What else are we doing? or is this all there is? ok that's a silly question...

how exactly do you fly backwards???:rolleyes: I've done that before but not on purpose:o

Doppelganger
05-21-2006, 02:43 AM
When it's too windy to fly, I usually stay home and argue with my wife. Then spend about an hour in the closet on a timeout.:(

Steve

Crash Test Dummy
05-21-2006, 05:03 AM
Good one Don!

Firemanbill,

I live 50 miles west of the Chicago, the windy city. There isn't much that stops me and my buddies from flying. We just pull out the wings, like Don. I also have the same love affair that Don has......my sweet Valkyrie!!! I can polish her up while I wait for the epoxy to cure on whatever plane I just crashed flying in too much wind!! LOL!!

CTD:D

redgiki
05-21-2006, 06:10 AM
When it's too windy to fly (or too dark, or whatever), I blog, and read and post to this forum.

Sometimes I do some technical work on contract for various companies. This is how I fund my R/C hobby :)

I'm such a nerd.

Doppelganger
05-21-2006, 06:24 AM
When it's too windy to fly (or too dark, or whatever), I blog, and read and post to this forum.

Sometimes I do some technical work on contract for various companies. This is how I fund my R/C hobby :)

I'm such a nerd.

Dude, nerds rule. Period:cool:

Steve

Don Sims
05-21-2006, 12:31 PM
Good one Don!
like Don. I also have the same love affair that Don has......my sweet Valkyrie!!! I can polish her up while I wait for the epoxy to cure on whatever plane I just crashed flying in too much wind!! LOL!!
CTD:D

Sweet Dragon CTD! That rear fender, pipes, and skeleton head look great! :) Are those Bakers up front? I went darkside on mine and have added some more chrome since that last avatar photo.

Bill, just put the plane nose high and ride the wind!!

Doc Pete
05-21-2006, 12:37 PM
I go out and make money to buy more electrics:D

flypaper 2
05-21-2006, 01:15 PM
Jusr retired a few yrs ago after closing down my repair shop where I fixed those suckers.:D Lots of chainsaw motors converted to 1/4 scaler motors.:p

Sky Sharkster
05-21-2006, 01:38 PM
I have this closet, shelves, about 6' wide. Stacked nearly top-to-bottom with kits. Auctions, eBay, swaps, etc. Next to the kits is a big basket, full of rolled-up plans. Bottom two shelves, balsa. LOTS of balsa. I usually go to the closet, shuffle the kits around, look at some of the plans, check the balsa stock.
Then I either repair my current planes or go online!
Ron

Crash Test Dummy
05-21-2006, 08:48 PM
Sweet Dragon CTD! That rear fender, pipes, and skeleton head look great! :) Are those Bakers up front? I went darkside on mine and have added some more chrome since that last avatar photo.

Bill, just put the plane nose high and ride the wind!!

Yup!! I really like my baker air wings, there awsome. The fender is a Arlen Ness tail dragger with a flush mount cats eye LED tail light. The headers and mufflers are TBR [Two Brothers Racing] they make it sound like a cross between a 1960's small block chevy or a Porsche in heat!! LOL! Very deep rich sound. The pipes retail for 1100+ bucks but I picked them up for 150.00!!! Sweet deal. Some guy bought them and didn't like them, after he returned them to the Honda dealer they say on a shelf for 2+ years until I spotted them on clerance!!!

CTD

qban_flyer
05-21-2006, 08:57 PM
I stay home and either work on planes, surf the web or watch the idiot's tube. :p

Can't wait for 5 PM (Eastern) to arrive. C-SPAN 2 has a 30 minute special on a book that deals with issues at hand today. :o

Book called "LONDONISTAN", akin to Afghanistan. That should give everyone an inkling of the subject matter. Too touchy to be discussed here since it involves religion. :eek:

AEAJR
05-22-2006, 02:43 AM

If the wind is from the north, I go slope soaring.

If it is not, I catch up on "honey dos".

EpoweredRc
05-22-2006, 03:28 AM
I go out and make money to buy more electrics:D

WOW, you really got some money in your lawn care, i do lawn care myself but mine consicts of a Echo Weed eater, snapper riding lawnmower and a Scotts push more.

Nice..

Oh and what do I do when its to windy to fly, as of the past few weeks, I place with my RC trucks and if I want to work i repair lawnmowers.

HermitRiver
05-22-2006, 01:00 PM

Work on my Harleys, they always need something. Have 3, have a yamaha for thre stepdaughter to play with too. Whwn I need $$$ I build custom knives, machineguns or silencers. (yea, legally licensed) Hermit

1LO64
05-22-2006, 04:55 PM

Nice looking Ghia....I just picked up a 74 for the wife and started stripping it down for a frame off resotration.

I also have a 1964 Chevy Impala (restored) and a 20 Pontoon boat. When it's too windy to fly my usual time would be mowing the landing strip *Yard*, flying the heli in the garage, working on one of the cars (Ghia Now), chillin' on the lake now that it's summer, or working around the house.

Any more pics or details about your Ghia?

firemanbill
05-22-2006, 05:39 PM
Nice looking Ghia....I just picked up a 74 for the wife and started stripping it down for a frame off resotration.

I also have a 1964 Chevy Impala (restored) and a 20 Pontoon boat. When it's too windy to fly my usual time would be mowing the landing strip *Yard*, flying the heli in the garage, working on one of the cars (Ghia Now), chillin' on the lake now that it's summer, or working around the house.

Any more pics or details about your Ghia?

Gotta love the old Chevy's too!:D Good luck on the Ghia resto. I love mine but have found that prats are not as cheap as they are for the bugs.

Mine has a neat story behind it. A friend of mine owns a wrecker service and towed this one in with a locked up motor in it. The man who owned it is now in prison and no one claimed the car or paid the tow bills. After a couple of years of sitting in his lot covered up I finally talked him out of it. He towed it out to the house and left it in the driveway for me. Me and my son pushed it into hte garage and in short order got the motor out. To my surprise the tranny looked awfully strange, nothing like a VW tranny, turns out it's a Porsche 5 speed, upon further review this car is stacked, 4 wheel disc brakes, heavy duty sway bars, porsche half shafts and cv joints, lower end of motor was toast but heads, rockers, cam, dual delorto carbs, and all were in great shape.

If I can ever save enough, i.e. not buy plane stuff for a while, I am going to get a new case and crank and put together a 2.3 litler stroker to go in it!:eek: Right now it has a stock 1600 single port motor and with that tranny it can run 90 on the higway all day long!

Here are a couple more pics of it, 4th of July parade in Yorktown last year and the Herbie Cruise across America when it came through VA Beach last memorial day.

Guess I'll save the build for a windy day, or this winter whichever comes after the money does!:D

flyboyanderson
05-22-2006, 06:30 PM
Is it ever too windy to fly?

Flew yesterday in 30mph winds with my Dorothy (telemaster clone). Once you get out of the low altitude turbulance you would be surprised how manageable it is. Flying backwards hones different skills and you learn to slide right and left instead of full turns.

My buddy had some great flights off a hi-start. you could kite the glider for as long as you wanted.

Waist high grass or winter wheat makes a much better destination than the runway in high wind conditions.

Once you have been bitten by slope soaring there is no such thing as too much wind, only different planes for different wind conditions. Try it you'll laugh a lot; you'll wonder why anyone flies over fifty feet; You'll become a much smoother flier; and, you'll consider every flame-out just another chance to hone your deadstick skills.

Truthfully, with a power plane its nerve wracking but somedays your just desparate.

John

qban_flyer
05-22-2006, 08:24 PM
Work on my Harleys, they always need something. Have 3, have a yamaha for thre stepdaughter to play with too. Whwn I need $$$ I build custom knives, machineguns or silencers. (yea, legally licensed) HermitLove all three of them! :D

Glad to hear you not illegal! :eek:

qban_flyer
05-22-2006, 08:26 PM
Gotta love the old Chevy's too!:D Good luck on the Ghia resto. I love mine but have found that prats are not as cheap as they are for the bugs.

Mine has a neat story behind it. A friend of mine owns a wrecker service and towed this one in with a locked up motor in it. The man who owned it is now in prison and no one claimed the car or paid the tow bills. After a couple of years of sitting in his lot covered up I finally talked him out of it. He towed it out to the house and left it in the driveway for me. Me and my son pushed it into hte garage and in short order got the motor out. To my surprise the tranny looked awfully strange, nothing like a VW tranny, turns out it's a Porsche 5 speed, upon further review this car is stacked, 4 wheel disc brakes, heavy duty sway bars, porsche half shafts and cv joints, lower end of motor was toast but heads, rockers, cam, dual delorto carbs, and all were in great shape.

If I can ever save enough, i.e. not buy plane stuff for a while, I am going to get a new case and crank and put together a 2.3 litler stroker to go in it!:eek: Right now it has a stock 1600 single port motor and with that tranny it can run 90 on the higway all day long!

Here are a couple more pics of it, 4th of July parade in Yorktown last year and the Herbie Cruise across America when it came through VA Beach last memorial day.

Guess I'll save the build for a windy day, or this winter whichever comes after the money does!:DThat K.G. has what I call character. :)

HermitRiver
05-23-2006, 01:03 AM
Love all three of them! :D

Glad to hear you not illegal! :eek:

Thank you. All good runners but being Harleys there is always something to do:D Yup, totally legal. I work mostly police, law and some class 2 or 3 dealers. I do build semi autos for the public too. Just got one of my license renewal bills today, $1000 a year for one of them:eek: Hermit

firemanbill
05-23-2006, 01:30 AM
That K.G. has what I call character. :)

Charachter and an ATTITUDE! Wait til I get that big motor put in it with that tranny. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:D :D :D

Idaho
05-23-2006, 02:54 AM
When it's too windy to fly, I usually stay home and argue with my wife. Then spend about an hour in the closet on a timeout.:(

My favorite response, LOL! :D

old git
05-23-2006, 07:40 AM

turns out it's a Porsche 5 speed, upon further review this car is stacked, 4 wheel disc brakes, heavy duty sway bars, porsche half shafts and cv joints, lower end of motor was toast but heads, rockers, cam, dual delorto carbs, and all were in great shape.

I was a lecturer at the local college for over thirty years. My subjects were Fabrication, Welding & Vehicle repair. I also taught Vehicle Restoration in the evenings, many Hot Rods and Conversions there.

Now I am retired I have given all my motor gear away to my son & to student friends. I AM TRYING TO GET BACK TO MODELLING AFTER A THIRTY YEAR LAYOFF. My local garage does all my car repairs, I drive a BMW and my wife drives a Honda Civic. I have not even opened the bonnet (hood) of her car.

I was reading this to see where modelling has got to. It has changed beyond belief. Please do not tempt me with cars again, I have given them up.

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL, old git.

flyranger
05-23-2006, 10:34 AM
When it is too windy to fly, I build! I have Ken Story's Duranita under construction from the plans. Making it three channel R/C. Have the fuse framed up, beginning the wings. :)

HermitRiver
05-23-2006, 10:44 AM
When it is too windy to fly, I build! I have Ken Story's Duranita under construction from the plans. Making it three channel R/C. Have the fuse framed up, beginning the wings. :)

Ranger. Looking very good too. I also love scratch building. Last one was a 2meter glider I slimmed the fuse and electrified. Old buzzard loaned me the plans talked me out of it before I even got to fly it. :rolleyes: Have a Twinkle and Stork bomber to scratch this winter. Winter in Maine is 10 months so lots of building. Snowed the other day, been 20mph winds, rain, snow for last weeks. Hermit

Tallyho88
05-23-2006, 11:59 AM
Exactly how do you determine what is "Too windy" ?????
Where I live...its about 35 MPH....altho I have tried to fly in 50 MPH!! If U find a slope facing wind direction & without turbulent forming obstructions..U can slope soar. We do it with slopes as small as 8 or 10 feet. On windy days we go sloping.
Norman Tallyho

HermitRiver
05-23-2006, 12:37 PM
Exactly how do you determine what is "Too windy" ?????
Where I live...its about 35 MPH....altho I have tried to fly in 50 MPH!! If U find a slope facing wind direction & without turbulent forming obstructions..U can slope soar. We do it with slopes as small as 8 or 10 feet. On windy days we go sloping.
Norman Tallyho

Norman. I miss that. When I was in So Cal I sloped Longbeach, Torrance, Old Hughes Field and Palos Verde. Been looking for a good slope in Maine. Not easy. 90% treed. They say a Gray squirel can cross Maine and never touch the ground. I just went out in about 15mph+ and flew my Toni 61 foamie combat a few times, wasn't easy but I was determined and got some air time in. Hermit

RickAvery
05-23-2006, 02:46 PM
I pull out the wings. Either the 48" powered or if the wind is strong enough, the 60" sloper.
Rick

buzzbomber
05-23-2006, 04:33 PM

Ah, yes. I believe that would be the P1800. When I was shopping for my first car back in the early '90s, I happened upon a '74 P1800 2-dr wagon. I wanted that car so badly; it just looked awkwardly cool in the same way a '56 Nomad does. However, it was priced above my budget at the time since it was a pristine low mileage car. Back on VWs, that first car wound up being an '82 Rabbit 2 door, upgraded to quasi-GTi spec with '86 GTi rims and exhaust, a Pacesetter header pipe, Neuspeed antiroll bars front and rear, and a stripped out interior. Oh yeah, and a set of Hella foglights and twin fat racing stripes(good for 20 extra HP:rolleyes: ). That was a fun car; I regret selling it sometimes, but life goes on.

These days, when it's too windy to fly, I break out the r/c cars if I need a hobby fix--I've got a Frog, an HPI rally car, and an Monster GT. When I get sick of that, I'll go kayaking or motorcycling with my wife:) .

flyranger
05-23-2006, 08:00 PM
Ranger. Looking very good too. I also love scratch building. Last one was a 2meter glider I slimmed the fuse and electrified. Old buzzard loaned me the plans talked me out of it before I even got to fly it. :rolleyes: Have a Twinkle and Stork bomber to scratch this winter. Winter in Maine is 10 months so lots of building. Snowed the other day, been 20mph winds, rain, snow for last weeks. Hermit

I also am learning to soar using my AstroChallenger 70, which I also built from the 1985 plans. Using modern electronics and power got the AUW to 23oz giving a wing loading of less than 6oz. I had two flights today, both over 45min and have never run down a Lipoly batt yet - my neck gets sore!:cool:

HermitRiver
05-23-2006, 09:13 PM
I also am learning to soar using my AstroChallenger 70, which I also built from the 1985 plans. Using modern electronics and power got the AUW to 23oz giving a wing loading of less than 6oz. I had two flights today, both over 45min and have never run down a Lipoly batt yet - my neck gets sore!:cool:

Ranger. Very cool, sounds awesome. I remember that model back in the 80's. I was just going electric in 86, mabuchis and astros if we could afford them. Then the graupners made their showing. I feel you on the neck. Sloping at Palos Verde you could stay up till the rx batt was done:D Hermit

Silverhawk
05-24-2006, 01:43 PM
If it's too windy to fly I go sailing. :D

The "Spidey" boat is a 20" Robbe Rainbow for one of the grandsons.

The Sunrise 24 is what I started with but the oldest grandson will get it this year since his Americas Cup 20"er doesn't handle breeze over 5 knots too well.

The Star 45 is 45" long and 7' tall setting in the cradle. This one is fun to race others in the same class along with gentle park sailing.

Ray

TerryE
05-24-2006, 03:04 PM
Too windy to fly?

I usually go crash on the sim for a while - there I can crash planes I could never afford to own :)
Then check/post online for a while.

I have a 1985 BMW K100RT (euro version) that I go ride if I can get out of the house without being attacked by the Honey-do list.

HermitRiver
05-24-2006, 03:16 PM
Too windy to fly?

I usually go crash on the sim for a while - there I can crash planes I could never afford to own :)

I have a 1985 BMW K100RT (euro version) that I go ride if I can get out of the house without being attacked by the Honey-do list.

Terry. I had 5 Beemers, all "airheads" 2 favorites were a 1973 "toaster tank" R50/5 and a 1977 R100RS that would really screw:D. Said it would do 137mph, they lied, 133mph was best I could do. :(

And I will have another sometime too, looking at some old slash 2's. Ever read the book on Max Fritz who designed the first BMW motorcycle? Great history. I know, off subject again but not really. BMW made WW1 aircraft engines which were great but heavy, Hispano Suisas, others were better and lighter.

The BMW emblem is actually a spinning aircraft propeller.

Anyway, the CEO kept trying to get Max to design a BMW car, He wouldn't. One day they put heat in his office to get on his good side. Hence the first BMW motorcycle.:) Hermit

TerryE
05-24-2006, 03:30 PM
Hermit;

Never read the book, but sounds interesting - will put it on my "to read" list.

Love the Beemer, it is so easy to work on... best I could do was 135MPH on a lonely stretch of highway...

Getting parts is getting difficult, but it doesn't break down much, mostly just mtce. items. It takes me about 45 min to set the valves, and most of that is getting the faring / cover on& off!

Later
TE

HermitRiver
05-24-2006, 06:05 PM
Hermit;

Never read the book, but sounds interesting - will put it on my "to read" list.

Love the Beemer, it is so easy to work on... best I could do was 135MPH on a lonely stretch of highway...

Getting parts is getting difficult, but it doesn't break down much, mostly just mtce. items. It takes me about 45 min to set the valves, and most of that is getting the faring / cover on& off!

Later
TE

Terry. Love them Beemers. You can replace top end on them sitting on a milk stool. Back on the slash 5's you could put 600 or 750 slugs and jugs on a R50 and have a sleeper. When they came out with the /6 and 900 there was crankcase pressure prob for 1 year but a drill bit solved it for that year (yea had one of them too) Try your best to get the actual "mechanics manual" BMW won't sell you tools but I made every tool I needed bar 1 or 2 which I had a tool and die maked do for me. I have a good VHS on beemer twins too. Miss them alot. Love my Harleys but beemers got a special place in my heart. Think the book was just "The story of BMW" or something like that. Not all about Max but good stuff about him. Check Ebay and Amazon used books for beemers and tapes. Hermit

TerryE
05-24-2006, 06:54 PM
Thanks Hermit - I'll go search for a manual. I have a Clymers (and a Haynes) and thats all I have needed so far...knock on wood!
TE

HermitRiver
05-24-2006, 08:00 PM
Thanks Hermit - I'll go search for a manual. I have a Clymers (and a Haynes) and thats all I have needed so far...knock on wood!
TE

Terry. Clymers and Haynes are decent. They are never exact or perfect they can't be. Weren't written for a BMW mechanic by BMW. The shop manual is blue and usually model specific like /5 series, /7 or whatever. You're lucky with yours. got the best of many worlds. The shocks changed in yours making cornering much better:D The old beemers with dual on each side were squirelier. Hell, my slash 5 had a fly wheel so heavy it would torque over 30 degrees if you gassed at a stop light. Shift in a corner you would go down:eek: Ask me how I know:( The RT is a great tourer, rider. Rode many. Miss my RS, stands for "rensport" was the autoban model. Bigger carbs, lightened flywheel etc. Only made 2 years, mas kool. Had the silver blue, full faired, krauser bags. My Harley FLHTC tours in style though too. Hermit

qban_flyer
05-24-2006, 08:13 PM
Too windy to fly?

Tell me about it! :eek:

uglyplane
05-31-2006, 02:56 AM
I ride the scoots:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a341/telcobilly/HD%20Road%20King/my_hd_jan_2006_11.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a341/telcobilly/scoots/my_dr_jan_2006_b.jpg

or cruise in this:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a341/telcobilly/Corvette/vette_mar_2006_6.jpg

In fact, the scoots have kept me out of RC lately, something I want to remedy with a new Super Slow Stick to use on the greenbelt behind the house.

Slo-V Flyer
05-31-2006, 03:31 AM
If it's too windy, I usually grumble at the weather.

After I get tired of that, I browse through the forums. Or break out my Trinity Speed Gems Pro 15x2 motor powered r/c Traxxas Rustler stadium truck and give it a whirl around the field where I usually would be flying. Gotta switch to brushless sometime, I'm getting tired of cleaning the comm on these 540 mod motors and then after a few months it seems like my truck's going 10mph.... when it used to be close to 25-28 mph new. :D

HermitRiver
05-31-2006, 02:31 PM
I ride the scoots:or cruise in this In fact, the scoots have kept me out of RC lately, something I want to remedy with a new Super Slow Stick to use on the greenbelt behind the house.

NIce Road King. I tried to buy one from Harley and they sold it out from under me while I had a hold on it in less than 1.5 days. Ticked me off so I bought 2 other harleys and NONE from them:D My FLHTC dresser is sure a sweet ride.Until people ride a new dresser or RK, they don't know what they are missing. Air susoension forks etc. Just a really slicl ride. Whats the dirt bike? Love dirt too. Last had a can-am for serious play. I got the wife a 125 yamaha enduro for fun but I need another fun dirt squirt too. Hermit

uglyplane
05-31-2006, 04:01 PM
Thanks Hermit, the RK is surpisingly nimble for it's size/ weight. I had '78/'94 GW's in the past and found them to be heavier feeling and thirstier than the HD. One of the guys that rides with us has the new FLHX Streetglide, very nice! It seems to handle real well in the twisties and with the pipes/ tuning, it really moves...

vax6335
05-31-2006, 06:53 PM
I just ordered a new engine case for my 72 Beetle. It's been sitting a couple years with no engine since I overheated it and blew it up. I restored the whole car years ago, everything but the engine. It was old and tired but it always ran until one really hot day when I was racing it from stoplight to stoplight. I figure it's time to get that thing rebuilt and put back on the road, I miss driving it.

HermitRiver
05-31-2006, 07:49 PM
Thanks Hermit, the RK is surpisingly nimble for it's size/ weight. I had '78/'94 GW's in the past and found them to be heavier feeling and thirstier than the HD. One of the guys that rides with us has the new FLHX Streetglide, very nice! It seems to handle real well in the twisties and with the pipes/ tuning, it really moves...

HD just keeps getting better and better don't they:D I love mine, I ride em. I ride the Dresser just like I do the sporty. Sometimes I see sparks come out from underneath, forget which one I am on. When I am on the 70 I really forget! Right side shifter, forward controls, 2 speed etc:rolleyes: Which RK is that has the large chromed headlamp assy? Love that model. ..Hermit

dinsour
06-05-2006, 05:19 AM
Caugh Caugh-sputter sputter. Theres an awful lot of gasoline being burned up in this thred. I didn't know VW And BMWs were ELECTRIC ONLY LOL > GUESS THESE GUYS MUST BE CONVERTS TO ELECTRIC.

73 Ron

qban_flyer
06-05-2006, 05:47 AM
Caugh Caugh-sputter sputter. Theres an awful lot of gasoline being burned up in this thred. I didn't know VW And BMWs were ELECTRIC ONLY LOL > GUESS THESE GUYS MUST BE CONVERTS TO ELECTRIC.

73 RonMy, my, my. How could that fact have slipped by me? :eek:

Solid Hit
06-05-2006, 11:30 AM

Volvo P1800, then the P1800S. Then the P1800ES

I take my Sam's Club kite with me. It's a bipe with a wing spand of about 60". They have a new one that looks like an eagle - very cool.