PDA

View Full Version : Oh boy! New Alfa P47!?

alienx
05-24-2006, 06:07 PM
I saw this pic in a discussion on another forum. This is exactly what I didn't know I wanted!!

I hope it doesn't take long to get here. I'm going to try to find it on the Alfa site now.

redgiki
05-24-2006, 07:50 PM
Actual wing fillets! And a canopy which looks like it's part of the aircraft, rather than stuck on with tape! Imagine that :)

I like how my E-Flite P-47D flies, but I'm realizing that's just an inherent aspect of the P-47 design... not due to any special engineering on this foam plane. I look forward to hearing about the Alfa version. I really like how the Jug looks.

Grasshopper
05-24-2006, 09:24 PM
Hey Alien,

What's the wing span and motor size? I'm seriously considering buying another E-Flight P-47, converting it to a bubble top and glassing it and going brushless. I'm just not sure where to find a bubble canopy the right size.

That's a great looking Jug!

alienx
05-24-2006, 09:31 PM
Hey Alien,

What's the wing span and motor size? I'm seriously considering buying another E-Flight P-47, converting it to a bubble top and glassing it and going brushless. I'm just not sure where to find a bubble canopy the right size.

That's a great looking Jug!

You know, I went to the site to watch the video but didn't look for specs. I have to guess it's the same as all the others (32-33"). I might like another E-flite too, but I would glass the whole thing before I built it. It's been too much work after the fact.

My Alfa P51 looks like a really nice quality model, so I'm sure the P47 would be really nice too. I thought about getting the current bubble top but I really have to stop using my credit card. My friends are all making fun of me.

EDIT:
http://www.alfamodel.cz/

32.75"