PDA

View Full Version : SU-27 xxl profile jet

pmh
05-26-2006, 02:44 AM
Hello everyone,

Just ordered an Atlas 2312-07 brushless motor with 12amp Jeti speed controller from Hobby Lobby to upgrade this bird. I don't know much yet about motor setups but sometimes ya just got to jump in and get wet to learn. My budget is tight but I also want some decent quality merchandise in this plane as it's my favorite. If anyone could clue me in as to this motor's performance it would be appreciated. I don't expect top speed, but I would like better all around performance. The stock setup is way heavy and under-powered!! I understand some people like the Mega and R-CER Warp inrunners, but they're just too much for me right now. Also, any mods done to airframe to boost performance? Would like to know that too!

:D :D

Doppelganger
05-26-2006, 04:39 AM
Hello PMH. A friend just gave me one of these. What I need to know is where is the CG? I don't have the instructions.:(

Steve

Old Fart
05-26-2006, 05:55 PM
Steve,

Forward edge of the servo. I cheated - mine's in the Bronco,

PMH - I run mine on 3S/Warp-4-4 turn and a 6x4, and it's way too slow for me. Has an outstanding roll rate though :)

Doppelganger
05-26-2006, 07:05 PM
Steve,

Forward edge of the servo. I cheated - mine's in the Bronco,

PMH - I run mine on 3S/Warp-4-4 turn and a 6x4, and it's way too slow for me. Has an outstanding roll rate though :)

Thanks. I'm running a 3S and a Warp 3 turn. What is the Bronco?

Steve

pmh
05-27-2006, 01:09 AM
Steve,

Jeff is right. On top of the plane even with the servos there are nice witness marks where 2 pieces of depron meet-easy to remember for CG! Also, balance it side-to-side---it flies better with less trim adjustment. Thanks for the reply! Jeff, even if I can get some more speed to make great rolls I'd be happy. This stock setup is way tooo slooww. How's high-alfa maneuvers? Thanks for your reply!

Paul

Old Fart
05-27-2006, 04:03 AM
96 Ford Bronco - I drive it to work on the days I fly (can't fit many planes in the Jeep or Boxster)

Didn't fly mine today - too windy. Plus I nosed the Corsair into the ground on flight #2 :(

Doppelganger
05-27-2006, 09:28 AM
96 Ford Bronco - I drive it to work on the days I fly (can't fit many planes in the Jeep or Boxster)

Didn't fly mine today - too windy. Plus I nosed the Corsair into the ground on flight #2 :(

Dang! What Corsair did you have? And how did it happen? That really is a bummer.:(

Steve

Old Fart
05-27-2006, 05:14 PM
Great Planes Combat (1/12 scale). Motor and ESC got real hot on flight 1 (4750kv Fiegao/Cobri gearbox/4S), so when the battery recharged we kept it at 1/2 throttle for flight 2. Flying along fine (excellent flying plane!!), hit soft cut (or so I thought), when I went to turn into the wind and land - nosed in :(

ESC (CC45) got so hot that all the chips came off, along with the wires to the motor:eek:

Ordering a new fuselage today and a E-Flite Power 25 outrunner.

Doppelganger
05-28-2006, 01:09 AM
That hits close to home. I too have a GP Combat Corsair. And yes, it is a great flying bird. I've only flown mine once. But I have seen them fly. My flying club field has no grass. I'm hoping to get a couple flights in Monday. So sorry for your loss.:(

Steve

Old Fart
05-28-2006, 02:17 AM
Do a four point roll and a victory low pass for me on Monday :)

Doppelganger
05-28-2006, 03:03 AM
Do a four point roll and a victory low pass for me on Monday :)

Too bad I can't get a "missing man" formation.:)

Steve