PDA

View Full Version : Members can now close their own threads once the item has sold

Mike Parsons
08-24-2005, 03:34 PM
Did you know that you can close your own thread in the Forsale forums once the item has been sold, traded or if you simply change your mind? As long as you are the thread starter, you have an option in the additional options box (below the text box) that allows you to close your thread. Once you reply that the item is sold to member "X", simply scroll down and check the box "Close this thread after you submit your message" (please see screenshot below). The thread will now become locked.
This helps to let other members know that the item is no longer available. It also helps to keep the thread from bumping back to the top while leaving it intact for others to search the threads to find information such as the going rate for product X.
More new and exciting features will be released soon to enhance your experience!

EpoweredRc
08-24-2005, 07:56 PM
Did you know that you can close your own thread in the Forsale forums once the item has been sold, traded or if you simply change your mind? As long as you are the thread starter, you have an option in the additional options box (below the text box) that allows you to close your thread. Once you reply that the item is sold to member "X", simply scroll down and check the box "Close this thread after you submit your message" (please see screenshot below). The thread will now become locked.
This helps to let other members know that the item is no longer available. It also helps to keep the thread from bumping back to the top while leaving it intact for others to search the threads to find information such as the going rate for product X.
More new and exciting features will be released soon to enhance your experience!
That is Great I have tried to get other sites to do this but wouldnt.

Mike Parsons
08-25-2005, 03:35 PM
That is Great I have tried to get other sites to do this but wouldnt.
Just wait...theres more :)

VF84sluggo
09-09-2009, 12:57 PM
But how do you make the "For Sale" change to "Sold"?

smokejohnson
09-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Edit > Go Advanced

You will see the option towards the top to change the title.

VF84sluggo
09-09-2009, 08:06 PM
Looks like I'm stuck with the "For Sale" tag. I chose 'close thread', and now I can't get back in to find the option that will change my listing to "Sold."

smokejohnson
09-09-2009, 10:53 PM
I got it for you sluggo.