PDA

View Full Version : Feedback problems

Mike Freas
05-28-2006, 06:21 AM
I don't know where else to post this.

I'm trying to leave feedback on another member but it will not let me because the dead URL is not valid. The transaction went down via PM so there is no URL. I tried to paste the thread and that didn't work. I also tried to paste a closed thread from the classified section and that didn't work either.

Rugar
05-28-2006, 06:31 AM
Try just typing in WWW and see if that will work. Let me know.

Mike Freas
05-28-2006, 04:35 PM
Didn't work. Why is the URL required? I guess I could be an option so that a 3rd party could reference the sale thread but in my case there wasn't one.

Rugar
05-28-2006, 04:51 PM
I will move this thread to the support forum so a Admin is sure to see it to help you out.

Twmaster
05-28-2006, 05:20 PM
Why not just post a 'wanted' post, make the feedback then close the post? Would that at least 'fix' it enough for now?

Rugar
05-29-2006, 01:04 AM
Why not just post a 'wanted' post, make the feedback then close the post? Would that at least 'fix' it enough for now?

Yup! Sounds like that should work for him.

Mike Parsons
06-01-2006, 04:13 PM
The iTrader feedback was designed around leaving feedback for thread sales. PM and email trades and sells are a little different since there is not a referring thread. I would suggest doing as Twmaster outlined or post your experience in the i-Trader talk thread (http://wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=79) and use that post as your referral URL.

Mike Freas
06-02-2006, 09:25 PM
It's a bit frustrating trying to leave feedback. I got it done fine for one person with the URL from the thread that was NOT a sale thread but not another. Again, why do you have to reference a thread to leave feedback? I want to leave positive feedback for a person who took care of me but it's hard to do on this fourm. I don't see a good guy listing so this is the only way I have to post feedback. Just a suggestion.

Rugar
06-03-2006, 12:25 AM
It's a bit frustrating trying to leave feedback. I got it done fine for one person with the URL from the thread that was NOT a sale thread but not another. Again, why do you have to reference a thread to leave feedback? I want to leave positive feedback for a person who took care of me but it's hard to do on this fourm. I don't see a good guy listing so this is the only way I have to post feedback. Just a suggestion.

The feedback system is designed to leave feedback for a member when you buy something listed in the WattFlyer sales forum, not when you buy something from another members web site. A example would be if the owner of Hobby-Lobby were a member here, he wouldn't get feedback from the trader rating system every time you bought something from the Hobby-Lobby website. He should only receive feedback from items listed and sold in the WattFlyer for sale section.

admin
06-03-2006, 04:09 AM
It is check and balance system so members cannot run up false positive feedback thus giving a sense of security when there may not in fact be one. It is to protect you, the member ultimately. Some hurdles are worth having such as this one.