PDA

View Full Version : TRex power

Mr Ammo
05-30-2006, 12:19 AM
My TRex just started suffering from power fluctuation. I can be in a hover and after a few minutes it starts dropping power then surging up and down...heat?? This is a new trait for this heli. Any ideas

Helitown
05-30-2006, 11:16 PM
How hot are the ESC and battery?

Mr Ammo
05-31-2006, 02:04 AM
feels warm/hot to the touch, I have had motors run hotter, and it starts after a couple of minutes of hover. but it is a surge in the rpm as I can hear this...so heat from the esc could make it surge??

Helitown
05-31-2006, 05:29 AM
feels warm/hot to the touch, I have had motors run hotter, and it starts after a couple of minutes of hover. but it is a surge in the rpm as I can hear this...so heat from the esc could make it surge??

You don't sound like it is too hot. It is hard to guess what could go wrong without knowing your set up very much. Do you think your battery is OK? Because it only happens after you are in hover for awhile, it must be something wrong with the power draw/supply to the motor - not sure if it is ESC or battery.

zappedalaskan
05-31-2006, 05:41 AM
I agree with Helitown. It sounds like your battery or your esc. If you have a wattmeter you should be able to source the problem with it. A tight pinion mesh will do that as well, but it usually gets hot when that happens. Best of luck.
Jay

Mr Ammo
06-11-2006, 10:08 PM
Back again, but now the motor and esc are hot to the touch. The heli is running smooth as a sewing machine but after 5 - 10 minutes I start getting power surges and the heli looses power and it is getting hot!! its the 4330 V with a 25 amp ESC...does someone have any ideas on how to encrease ari flow over these??

Mr Ammo
06-12-2006, 01:58 AM
In addition I am using the Futaba 7CA series radio and have a question on setting the throttle for 3D, anyone using this arrangement?? Or anyone know about the Futaba?
Thanks

zappedalaskan
06-13-2006, 03:32 AM
Hi MrAmmo,
You might try dropping a tooth on your pinion. It will run cooler. 7c Throttle settings in idle up mode for 3D... I set mine up at 100% - 90%(mid-stick) and 100% With Ep you want it pretty much at WOT at any pitch setting except zero. You cut it back to 90% or so to keep the head from over-speeding at 0% deflection (pitch) Hope this helps :)
Jay

darkside212
07-09-2006, 09:23 PM
I agree with Jay....drop a size down on your pinion, and set your IDL1 to 100% ish