PDA

View Full Version : Winner of AP Contest #2, tahustvedt

Steve Nolan (eBird)
06-01-2006, 01:07 AM
Congrats on winning AP contest #2 go to tahustvedt for his photo, "Tor Arne"

2nd place goes to aviatordave with "Majestic Cedar River"
A close 3rd place goes to EUT with "Water"

Thanks for entering the contest and thanks to those who voted!!

Tahustvedt, please PM me with your choice of the next contest theme and we'll get it started!

link to the contest thread (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6967)

Rugar
06-01-2006, 01:58 AM
Congrats guys!

firemanbill
06-01-2006, 02:01 AM
Yes, Congrats guys. Very nice work!

Don Sims
06-01-2006, 03:24 AM
Great photos! Thanks for entering the contest gents!!

Wonder what #3 is gonna be???

Kosh
06-03-2006, 03:14 AM
Well done and congrats Tor Arne, I have watched some of your past videos and been very impressed with your work and smooth flying skills.
I can almost picture myself on the ground controlling the plane in a few.
Hope to see more of your great stuff in the future. :D

aviatordave
07-13-2006, 05:23 AM
Whew ! This thread has died......6 weeks and cobwebs :eek:

Kosh
07-13-2006, 07:52 AM
So I'm not the only one ... lol Sorry but I would have thought it was plenty of time to come up with something new so I guess its up to us Dave. I just don't see whats so hard to make a MONTHLY challenge for some pics. I mean cough up a tee shirt or hat and guys are happy as you are getting income from ads. These can be used for many other contests through out Wattflyer and not just here to draw interest I would think. Please take some action on this subject as we really missing out on summer pics and this forum has some MAJOR interest in it.

Please try and make something possiable for August if not let us know and we can try for something on or own for this one as many would be happy to run a contest.

Don Sims
07-13-2006, 01:44 PM
Tahustvedt has been on line several times since the end of the last contest. Steve's been fairly busy lately. Tahustvedt send me a PM on your next contest idea and I'll be happy to help out!

aviatordave
07-13-2006, 04:20 PM
Cool Don!

Take the bull by the horns!

Kosh
07-13-2006, 07:49 PM
Big thanks Don, We could always just do a freestyle kinda thing. Everyone has something around there area thats worthy of sending a camera up. Themes are fun but they leave alot out as its just not in there area to shoot to begin with. I'm thinking you can get more to enter if its made easy and local for them. Thanks again, Lon

Don Sims
07-13-2006, 09:59 PM
I got #3 rolling this afternoon. Can one of you guys either post the basic guidelines for the contest or PM me and I'll post them??? tahustvedt PM'd me the subject and it sounds like a good one.... Even Kansas has hills doesn't it???

Kosh
07-13-2006, 11:19 PM
I like it, great choice that most can enter. Thanks for the extra effort and making this happen so fast for everyone. :)

loker
07-14-2006, 03:23 AM
so what's the theme gonna be? I'll be a first time contestant, but I think I'll have some good pics. I think sometime we should do landmarks as a theme, there's different ones everywhere, and it would be really cool to see all the landmarks around the country from the sky.

Kosh
07-14-2006, 03:31 AM
The theme is "Mountains and Hills" Check the AP forum for more info as the post is up now.

aviatordave
07-14-2006, 05:21 AM
OK Kosh....nows your time to shine!

You (and others) live in Gods country, I will be looking forward to some awesome shots from our western buddies.

I'll have to do a little drive towards the Mississippi to get some hills, the wife has been wanting to get out there for awhile anyways.

I'm pretty sure its flatter here than Kansas!

Dave

Happy Shooting!