PDA

View Full Version : Hi-Just Joined

E-Challenged
08-25-2005, 01:07 AM
I have enjoyed E-Zone and RCU for a number of years, so why not join this forum too?. I am mostly interested in small R/C scale models and have quite a collection of Flyline, Berkeley, Jetco, Comet, Sterling as well as Dare and other kits to build. I have my Berkeley 42" w/s Stinson Reliant covered in Doculam, white primered and ready to air brush in red/orange and cream house paint. Will be powered by AXI 2212/20 and 8 KAN 1050 grouped around the motor in front of firewall to achieve balance. Next project will be outside the box, a Dynaflite .40-size P40 Warhawk to be powered by a geared Astro 25 running on 16 1950AUP Nimh cells.

Meanwhile, I am gathering courage to fly my .40 glow powered Coverite Gee Bee Sportster Model E after rebuilding the wing. It was ready to fly after a previous crash when I stumbled and fell backwards in my cluttered den and sat down on the left wing. Gotta get in some flights on it and my VK Sopwith Camel before we lose flying priveleges at El Toro MCAS.

admin
08-25-2005, 04:26 AM
Welcome aboard and we hope you enjoy what we are trying to do here at WattFlyer.com!

debhicks
08-25-2005, 10:28 AM
Welcome there is lots of info here to help you out on everything electric:)

St. Martin
08-25-2005, 11:17 AM
Glad to see you over here! Maybe we can help get this forum going.

Steve

zoomzoooie
10-25-2005, 10:04 PM
Me too, new here and to E power hehe!

Just getting into E power for 1/10 scale WWI planes.
Currently working on a Halberstadt DII/DIII.
Specs:
Wing span -34.6" authentic detailed scale
Motor - Komdodo H278,16 turn, 24g, N50 magnets
Prop - 1047 slowfly
ESC - Coolrunning 12a
Battery - Electric Power 11.1v Lipo

So far I have run this set up on the bench and I can tell you that this has way more power then needed. I think normal flying with be 1/3 throttle. Using 1/3 throttle as an average, on the bench I got an easy 45 minute run, then checked the battery on the charger and it was still showing 11.62v. A 7.4v battery is probably plenty enough.

Next on the list is to get a Whattmeter.

ZZ

Demon-leather
12-10-2005, 02:44 PM
Seems to be gettin' crowded over here! :rolleyes: :D Hi guys, I'm getting so over-designed over there I can't keep up anymore! (maybe I can be a "big-wig" here! :rolleyes: ) Glad to see you all hanging around here too.

Hey Debbie, I saw in another thread, You are loving the mountains of NC... So do I, but unfortunately, I live in the flat-lands. Mountains are great in the summer, you can get away from the humidity! Bob

debhicks
12-10-2005, 02:46 PM
Yep.

Love them. Will be even better if I can ever retire:)