PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know anything about this Focke Wulf?

Grasshopper
06-02-2006, 05:44 AM
I was curious if anyone knows anything about this? It's a Global Focke Wulf FW-190 ARF. It's specs are:

WS 35"
Wing area 220 square inches
Over all length 32 1/4"
Weight 22 - 26 oz.
Wing loading 14.4 to 17.1 oz per square foot
450 direct drive or 380 geared

crast test dummie
06-02-2006, 03:22 PM
Grasshopper,

I haven't seen that one but my buddy has a P-51 made by Global. It crashes more than it flys. It was very tail heavy and who wants to add weight to a plane with a stock brushed motor? He is running it with the stock brushed motor. If you are planning on installing your own electronics I'm sure it would be much better. Maybe I'm off base, they may have improved their products, the one he has is about 2 years old. Parkzone is selling their RTF Fock-E wolf and it is a great flyer rite out if the box!!:D

CTD

alienx
06-02-2006, 05:22 PM
If I'm not mistaken, I think Global is Watt-age. My second plane (and first arf) was the Watt-age C182. Very nice people to deal with, but the qaulity of the plane was near the worst I have purchased so far. I personally don't look at their products anymore.

spinnetti
06-02-2006, 06:19 PM
I was curious if anyone knows anything about this? It's a Global Focke Wulf FW-190 ARF. It's specs are:

WS 35"
Wing area 220 square inches
Over all length 32 1/4"
Weight 22 - 26 oz.
Wing loading 14.4 to 17.1 oz per square foot
450 direct drive or 380 geared

Don't have personal experience with this one, but you might be (much) better served with a FSK (which I do have) or an Alfa which are both much nicer.

Grasshopper
06-02-2006, 07:51 PM
I wasn't sure about Global. I'd never heard of them, but saw one for $39 and would use my spektrum in it. I like the looks of the Parkzone, but I already have their J3 and P-51. I don't really want any more proprietary radios. I would like to put everything on my Spektrum. I'm even considering gutting my P-51 and going brushless. It flys OK but I think it could do a lot better with a brushless and Lipos. I guess I could buy the replacement PZ Focke Wulf airframe and put the guts in it. I would really like to have one a little different that I can paint myself.

crast test dummie
06-02-2006, 09:50 PM
I wasn't sure about Global. I'd never heard of them, but saw one for $39 and would use my spektrum in it. I like the looks of the Parkzone, but I already have their J3 and P-51. I don't really want any more proprietary radios. I would like to put everything on my Spektrum. I'm even considering gutting my P-51 and going brushless. It flys OK but I think it could do a lot better with a brushless and Lipos. I guess I could buy the replacement PZ Focke Wulf airframe and put the guts in it. I would really like to have one a little different that I can paint myself.

Now your talking!!! Get the Fock-E's replacement fuse, etc and put a E-Flight 480/1020 outrunner and it will be a rocket!!! I have that motor in my Mini Ultra Stick with a 11X8.5 APC E prop. It's got to be close to 60 to 70 MPH in a dive with lots of climbout power.

CTD:D