PDA

View Full Version : Help! Avionik D-99 C/G?

Elfwreck
06-03-2006, 12:52 AM
Hey now,
I guess the title says it all folks. I can't remember and I've got a new wing on the thing so my old marks are gone, it's been months since I've flown it and I'd like to toss it out tomorrow...
RobII

Jason T
06-03-2006, 12:39 PM
If you get to fly it, report back with pics and flight report. :)

Elfwreck
06-04-2006, 07:14 AM
Hey now,
Well I did find the C/G, and I got it all together.
I charged it up, launched it out, got it all trimmed (at a quarter throttle) and just as I was going to let her rip, I got a radio hit, a bad one. It went straight in from two hundred feet up. The fuse is fine, the avionics are fine but the wing (from the spar forward) is toast.
I'm really, really bummed.
My truck was stolen last saturday, with all my camping gear and stock for my micro business, about fourteen grand total loss, that and my first vacation from my kids in nine years (they're at grandma's). I really needed this to work out and now... @#$! sometimes it feels like the entire universe is out to get you, you know?
Oh well, I can buy a new wing, after I come up with the bread for another truck and replace the stock and woo my clients back after failing to deliver. I figure about ten months to a year before I can afford to try again. Sometimes you're the bug...

Anybody got a spare Avionik wing?
RobII

Jason T
06-04-2006, 12:25 PM
Sorry to hear that about the Avionik and your truck. Hang in there, you will rebound.

Elfwreck
06-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Hey now,
Yeah, well, it's just life, ya know? It has been really decistating though. We could lose *everything* because of this truck thing, I mean *everything*. We've been reduced to asking friends and such for cash help. The wife even put up a pay-pal acct. on her live journal asking her online friends to send what they can. Gawds, I hate having to do that.

The up-side is that it seems we have friends all over the planet, they're sending in cash, sometimes five bucks, sometimes a hundred, but it is helping. With a little luck and time we may get enough to get another truck and maybe even enough to buy more materials so I can salvage my micro business and not end up on the street with our kids in foster care.
No, I'm not exagerating even a little.
Still, with a little help we mat just survive this time, thanks to some very good friends and other folk we've been able to help in the past...
Sorry for dumping on you, it's just very hard to get my head out of this mess.
RobII