PDA

View Full Version : On the cheap

rahtware
06-05-2006, 04:48 AM
Haven't had the time or cash to carry through with plans for a dedicated AP plane so... Here is the $25 answer I came up with for use on my Slow Stick.

A $10 returnable camera... I was told that when I return it I can ask for the $3 pics-on-disk option.

And a $15 servo...

Everything is held together with 3M super-strength double sided tape, even the servo to the camera.

After playing with settings on my JR transmitter everything seems to work... I am fighting a cold, but will try to get in a flight tomorrow.

Crash Test Dummy
06-05-2006, 05:18 AM
Looks good Larry. I'm itching to do some on board video. Just seems like every time I get some spare hobby cash it go's to things that actually make my planes fly. Be sure to post the pictures you get.

And don't forget to smile!!:D
CTD

rahtware
06-05-2006, 04:22 PM
First flight did OK sorta... 9 shots taken, but when I landed (controled crash in the rough field) the servo had popped off. I will add tape before the next flight. I have to wait until tomorrow as we are having a large redwood removed from our back yard and I want to have before and after shots.

I changed the camera setup to a horiz. setup...

Kosh
06-06-2006, 01:48 AM
I like it, Simple and effective. I use Shoo Goo to hold the servo on and it removes easy when needed.

rahtware
06-06-2006, 02:11 AM
I like it, Simple and effective. I use Shoo Goo to hold the servo on and it removes easy when needed.

I will have to try that next time.

rahtware
06-07-2006, 06:54 AM
Now for the bad news... I wouldn't advise anyone to use this system! Too much blur and distortion.

My "control picture" taken handholding the camera, turned out OK.

But the pictures taken from the air (moving and vibration) look lousy!:(

My old neighborhood...

Sonoma CA..:mad:

Had to throw in a picture taken of the field that I usually fly from when in Sonoma.

I am going to try the same thing with a disposable film camera... One picture at a time!!!:confused: