PDA

View Full Version : lift, inverted

loker
08-25-2005, 06:16 PM
hey people, I was wondering if anyone knows what would cause a plane to climb when it's level, but also climb when inverted. Im flying my own fan fold foam designed plane, about the 5th one, and they all do it. I've tried adjusting the thrust, right a little, down a little, also zero zero, and ive tried flaps and reverse flaps, and I just can't figure out how to get zero climb, whether its level flight or inverted. Id really appreciate any advice/info on this aerodynamic problem. by the way, I used fan fold foam with plans for an edge 540 from 3dfoamy.com ,and it flies great, so I know the problem I have is in the design, so I was really hoping somebody knew something about design, or where I could go to read up on it myself. Thanx for your answers.

keebler117
08-25-2005, 06:32 PM
may be your CG is too far aft.....

trogdor
08-25-2005, 06:55 PM
yes, sounds like a very tail heavy plane

loker
08-26-2005, 01:48 AM
yes, I think that's it! after all the other stuff I tried, I can't believe I didn't think of that. thanx! maybe now we'll have some luck.

EpoweredRc
08-26-2005, 04:43 PM
yeah try to move the battery foward some if you can.Good luck

Chris

loker
08-26-2005, 05:00 PM
yeah it was VERY tail heavy. I moved the battery practically next to the motor, as far forward as was possible. now I can get close to hands off level and inverted. thanx!