PDA

View Full Version : Estes XB-39 Eagleye

adhoc
06-09-2006, 12:29 AM
Has anyone here flown one of these, or even seen one? http://digitalphotography.weblogsinc.com/2005/12/05/arial-photography-with-the-estes-xb-39-eagleye/

I'm initially skeptical of an RC plane from Estes (flew plenty of their rockets in my youth, though)... I thought I saw somewhere that it is EPP, so that's good...

I'm only partly interested in the camera aspect; more just wondering how it flies. The "EZ launch system" worries me -- I'm used to being able to hand launch planes. Also, I wonder if it uses some weird, non-standard electronics...

I used to work with the AWACS guys at Boeing. Would be cool to fly one of these for them...

Kosh
06-09-2006, 04:34 AM
The plane is pretty much just a toy and the camera a joke. (320x240 Pics)
With only a 5 minute flight time and only controlled by motor power alone as in differential thrusting. I would avoid this like the plague.

adhoc
06-09-2006, 05:03 AM
The plane is pretty much just a toy and the camera a joke. (320x240 Pics)
With only a 5 minute flight time and only controlled by motor power alone as in differential thrusting. I would avoid this like the plague.
Yikes, say no more! Pretty expensive toy/joke... {smile} Thanks much for the warning!