PDA

View Full Version : It's Christmas Today!!

alienx
06-09-2006, 01:03 AM
I am pretty excited!

I hope I can treat these babies a little better than my last one!

firemanbill
06-09-2006, 01:18 AM
woooohoooooo I love seeing new toys!

Merry Christmas:D

alienx
06-09-2006, 01:25 AM
woooohoooooo I love seeing new toys!

Merry Christmas:D

Thanks. Man they are beautiful. I checked them both out to make sure they weren't damaged. What a sweet looking bird(s). I think I am going to build one with some of the old parts so I can get it in the air, and the other is going to get a glassing or some other protection. Maybe even a new paint job! I have a repaird wing with my balsa ailerons, so I can fly and still glass both the new wings. I also have the belly pan and cockpit from the first one.

Oh, where to begin!

firemanbill
06-09-2006, 01:38 AM
Oh, where to begin!

Open the glue and let the games begin!:D

Tis the season to be Jolly fa la la la la la la la la laaaaaaaaaaa

alienx
06-09-2006, 02:52 AM
Man, I got a couple beautiful new Apex Lipos and did my best to short one while soldering it. I didn't short it the first time I let the wires touch, so I tried is again later. Time to put the heavy equipment down and walk away for a while.

firemanbill
06-09-2006, 03:01 AM
Man, I got a couple beautiful new Apex Lipos and did my best to short one while soldering it. I didn't short it the first time I let the wires touch, so I tried is again later. Time to put the heavy equipment down and walk away for a while.

I said open the glue... don't sniff it though!:eek: LOL

Lipos + Short = very very bad... Good idea to take a break and walk away for a while

Smart man!

Grasshopper
06-09-2006, 03:07 AM
Merry Christmas Alien! I love those birds. I just got back from running 3 packs through my P-47 with the new Park 450. I'm no longer a Brushless virgin and oh did it feel good! That was a totally different plane.

Ya know Alien, if you can't decide where to start and since you have two of them, you could send one to me since I don't have anything to build now. I'll take real good care of it for you. I'll even send you pictures as it grows up.

alienx
06-09-2006, 03:26 AM
Merry Christmas Alien! I love those birds. I just got back from running 3 packs through my P-47 with the new Park 450. I'm no longer a Brushless virgin and oh did it feel good! That was a totally different plane.

Ya know Alien, if you can't decide where to start and since you have two of them, you could send one to me since I don't have anything to build now. I'll take real good care of it for you. I'll even send you pictures as it grows up.

Yea, brushless is cool. I already reconsider planes now that come with brushed motors. I have a box full that I will never use (3 came from the P-47's!). I'll be back in the flightline soon I hope. Looks like a crappy weather weekend, so plenty of build time.

Enjoy yours!

FiremanBill, I think it was the motor cleaner I used tonight. A little loopy I guess.