PDA

View Full Version : Radio suggestions

DetroitHawk
06-11-2006, 05:21 PM
I am thinking about getting a radio controller. Any suggestions on brands and makes that i should look at?

I've been flying for about a month now, and a better controller would be nice.

Twmaster
06-11-2006, 05:57 PM
I strongly suggest you get a computer radio of some sort. They are not much more expensive than a non-computerized unit and offer a lot of terrific and useful feature that you just might need now and later. The near infinite options for mixing and setting limits etc. are unbelievable useful (to me at least!) :)

If I were to start over I'd get a DX-6 Spektrum rig. For the record I presently fly a Hitec Optic-6.

I should add that there are a lot of really good radios available that won't break the bank price wise. You're going to hear a lot of opinions but do some research, ask questions and make an informed choice.

firemanbill
06-11-2006, 06:18 PM
Hawk if you are planning on staying with the parkflyer electrics then the DX6 is the way to go! It has everything you need and then some.

I have had mine now for about a month and a half and have absolutely loved every minute of it

Grasshopper
06-11-2006, 06:24 PM
Hawk, I agree with both Mike and Bill. It depends on what you're wanting to do long term. I use the Spektrum DX-6 and love it. I've had no problems what so ever and will put all my planes on it eventually. Keep in mind I only fly Park Flyer size planes with my largest having a 40" wingspan and a Park 450 brushless outrunner.

Tom

Doppelganger
06-11-2006, 08:56 PM
My Brother uses the DX6 too. He said it works perfectly. No problems at all. However, he does not like the S75 E-flight servos that came with the radio. He prefers the HS55's.

Steve