PDA

View Full Version : anything for sale

loker
06-15-2006, 04:51 AM
is there anyplace one can buy an AP bird that's an ARF? I've never built from scratch, I don't know enough about it or have enough time, so I want to buy one, anybody know if there's one for sale somewhere that can use a 400 watt motor? I'm sure I speak for more than just myself when I say I'm looking to buy. there's definitely money to be had in this market, it's only a matter of time. thanx.

Randy Due
06-15-2006, 02:03 PM
Not sure if it qualifies as ARF,or if it would handle a 400watt?(that's a monster) motor but.... http://www.mountainmodels.com/product_info.php?cPath=25_29_73&products_id=221&osCsid=67474b5a8f99d9de31df988642eea1b4

Kosh
06-15-2006, 07:56 PM
Theres are some darn good reason you wont find much, Do you need a side view or forward facing? Pics or video, How much will your camera weigh, Will the landing gear hold up with the extra weight, How will you trigger camera, Gearbox vibration and the list goes on but you get the idea. For the life of me I cant see that big heavy motor in any AP plane let alone the bigger battery it needs to power it. The MagpieAP is a very stable plane for AP and pretty tough if its not too heavy. With over 10,000 different cameras on the market its hard to make a one size fits all kinda plane. Best of luck finding something for that motor.