PDA

View Full Version : My second AP video!

ForestCam
06-16-2006, 04:27 AM
After studying yesterday's vid I came up with a better flight plan to get more of my complex and less of the adjacent one. I also came up with a few shots that suprised me. I took her up higher then I'd ever been before and even at over 17 oz. man can that SS glide!!!:D

http://media.putfile.com/The-Skies-Over-Edgewood-Village

I need to experiment with painting my prop because of the interference it gives the camera with a brighter sky and for some reason the wavyness is back.:confused: Maybe I should stick with flying after sunset or better yet invest in a better camera!:D

Oh and here's a picture of my setup, it ain't pretty but it works!

qban, about 2 minutes and 12 seconds in I got a real nice shot of the park, looks pretty small huh!

If you look really really close @ 2:48 you can almost make out my wife talking to our neighbor at the corner of the second building up from the bottom of the screen, go in one from the right on the bottom building and that's where I live.:D

qban_flyer
06-16-2006, 04:54 AM
Sure looks smaller from that distance. :eek:

I jave had the same waviness problems with my cheap aerial vido outfit. I can't seem to be able to solve it. I have the same prop interference as well. :o

BTW, I have had the "system" installed on a slimer. Same problem so I don't thing it is radio, ESC or motor interference. :confused:

Foamaholic
06-16-2006, 04:56 PM
Maybe the waviness is caused by vibration? If you could use some of that good foam used to wrap receivers in maybe it would dampen it. Prop interference it tough, but I use a black prop with good results unless aimed into the sun.

aviatordave
06-16-2006, 05:14 PM
Are you powering it on a dedicated battery or off the reciever? Some have had waves from the power on a receiver. If ya just angle the cam down a few more degrees you will lose that 'prop' effect, I have my digital camera mounted similiar under the landing gear and have it angled just enough to miss the prop, I'm guessing its about 20-30 degrees which gives a cool oblique look to the video and photos (if thats even the right word...lol)

good luck - oh yea - the video was good, thanks for sharing!

Dave

Frodo
06-17-2006, 05:01 AM
Great video but I'm more impressed by your flying! I bet you can land that plane on a dime. I can only dream of flying that well. My landings are usually vertical......

flyhigh8699
06-20-2006, 11:58 AM
G'day
Great shots! i think that that most of the interferences are from the bright prop.
Maybe try to paint it black?:confused:

E-HONCHO
06-20-2006, 05:58 PM
Very nice!

Southerner oop north!
06-20-2006, 06:31 PM
Hi There

Just been watching your vid, nice flying.

Did you put the camera together your self? Excuse my ignorance I am a newbie.

ForestCam
06-20-2006, 06:37 PM
No, actually I took it apart. It's a CVS Pharmacy one time use digital video camera that's been hacked to let me download the videos onto my PC that's also had all the plastic housing and battery tray removed to save weight.

As it comes from the store with batteries it weighs about 8 oz. stripped and with a 750 mAh lipo cell attached it's around 2 oz.

Southerner oop north!
06-20-2006, 06:40 PM
Sounds good, I am in the Uk. Do you know if they are available over here? Or maybe I could get one shipped? I would love to get some vid of our flying field

ForestCam
06-20-2006, 06:50 PM
Try ebay, that's where I picked mine up because around here the version 3.14 or the 3.62 cameras were no longer available and those are the ones you need to hack.
Check out http://camerahacks.10.forumer.com/ for more info.

Southerner oop north!
06-21-2006, 04:33 AM
Thanks will try ebay and let you know1