PDA

View Full Version : Thunder Tiger Soaring Star

delcoed
06-21-2006, 05:44 PM
Does anyone have any experience with or tips for this aircraft?
I have one, and am enjoying limited success, and was wondering if I could do anything to improve that.
I have a TP 7.4w 2100mah lipo battery and the stock motor. At full power, it is difficult to handle (I might need to back off a bit on launch), and so far it doesn't show much enthusiasm for staying airborne as long as I think it should.

Anyone?

Geoff_Gino
06-22-2006, 06:41 AM
Does anyone have any experience with or tips for this aircraft?
I have one, and am enjoying limited success, and was wondering if I could do anything to improve that.
I have a TP 7.4w 2100mah lipo battery and the stock motor. At full power, it is difficult to handle (I might need to back off a bit on launch), and so far it doesn't show much enthusiasm for staying airborne as long as I think it should.

Anyone?

Hi

Yep I have one and the best flyer I have at the moment. I had a very sad begining with the stock motor and ended up with 4 serious crashes before the motor blew and took the ESC with it. Let me down when looking for a go around and hit the deck pretty hard. Upgraded to brushless and never looked back.

Fitted a Hyperion 3205 motor, 70 amp Jeti ESC and 3S 3,5 amp pack. Draws 37 amps WOT and climbs like a fallen angel. Takes about 30 seconds to get to 300 meters high and I have had 45 minute flights from her with just 1 run of the motor. As far as the launch goes, mine is just a gentle toss into the air.

Flies like a dream and the most difficult part is geting her down and slow enough for the landing. Programmed "spoilers" which I have found to be far more effective than flaps. I have also programmed in 10% up elevator when my throttle is the zero position. This is switchable and I switch the feature off for landing.

delcoed
06-22-2006, 01:30 PM
Thank you, Geoff. Very informative. I kind of thought a different power plant/supply/Esc might do the trick.
Most appreciated.