PDA

View Full Version : Maxamps

turnwaldw
08-26-2005, 04:08 PM
Has anybody delt with this company there prices seem good. I ordered a battery from them they didnt even send me a email the recieved my order. Its almost been two weeks since my order and no battery yet.

Milton
08-26-2005, 05:25 PM
That is odd
Maxamps is been around for a while and got good rating in the groups, Drop them a Email and make sure it is not lost somewhere.
Milton

Unbalanced prop
08-26-2005, 07:49 PM
I bought a couple 3S2P 4500 packs from them this spring. Service was quick and good, and the batteries are still going strong!:D

Doug

turnwaldw
08-26-2005, 08:06 PM
How long did it take to get your batterys

Unbalanced prop
08-26-2005, 08:10 PM
One pack was five days, the other was four. Don't know if anything has changed, but I was very satisfied with them and their product.

Doug

HoboDog
08-26-2005, 10:50 PM
I have 7 Maxamps batteries. Never had a problem. Austin is very fare in his dealings.

Rugar
08-27-2005, 02:20 AM
I have 12 of there Lipos. Just give them a call and they will take care of you. The # is toll free. Toll Free 1-866-352-7694

wevets
08-27-2005, 09:27 PM
MaxAmps was out of several types of LiPo cells for a while - strong demand I guess. On Friday they received a large pile and should now be able to work down their backlog.

I happen to work about a mile from the MaxAmps site, and have been in several times. Thier stuff is good and they are very helpful.

wevets

turnwaldw
08-27-2005, 09:39 PM
Would be nice for them to let there customers know. Its just if you fork out a couple of hundred bucks you would like to know when you might get the merchandise

wevets
08-27-2005, 09:59 PM
Would be nice for them to let there customers know. Its just if you fork out a couple of hundred bucks you would like to know when you might get the merchandise

Well, it's not quite that simple as anyone who's been in business knows. Firstly, they didn't now exactly when the new inventory would come in. They get this stuff from overseas, and they had optimistic estimates of when it would be in. If everthing fell right, you would have had your order quickly. It didn't go so smoothly this time.

Secondly, if you'd received an email from them saying they didn't know when the inventory would be available - could be a day, could be two weeks, would you have taken your business elsewhere? I guess they took a risk - early delivery~happy customer, late delivery~unhappy customer, but fulfilled order.

Having said that, I appreciate your feelings. I had to wait about a week for my stuff from them too, and I can drive over at lunch time. Waiting is always frustrating, even for a day. The summers flying by while we're not flying.

All things considered, I'll continue doing business with them. Maybe next time, give them a call (they've got a toll-free number posted on their website) to see if stuff's in stock.

Wevets

turnwaldw
08-28-2005, 02:57 PM
I would of been happy with just knowing it was going to be delayed. I am not telling anybody not to buy from them or anything negative just wanted to know if anybody had dealings with them if there batteries are good as you say I will purchase from them again. But its just nice to know every were I have delt with always sent back order messages which is fine as long as you know.

Chris_K
09-04-2005, 04:34 AM
I've been looking at the MaxAmps 1000 2S packs. How's the quality? Do they seem to be honestly rated in capacity and discharge rate? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Chris

ragbag
09-04-2005, 02:23 PM
Not to respond is not the way to do business.

I guess I would get my order, but then I guess they didn't recieve it, but I guess if they did get it, it is on backorder. To many guess's for me, I guess.

I would have prefered an response of some kind, I guess.

By George:D

GeraldRosebery
09-05-2005, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the lead to MaxAmps. They look like a good deal!

turnwaldw
09-05-2005, 06:05 PM
So we are on week three with no responce from them I did call them and was on hold for ever so I hung up. I have emailed them a total of five times with no answer. When I deal with somebody I always give a responce to there questions. Its just when you fork out over two hundred dollars you would like to see something for it.
I will probally take my dealings somewhere else yeah I might pay alittle maore but I will atleast get my product and answers to my question should of just ordered for hobbylobby like always.

N3CLI
09-05-2005, 06:41 PM
Jim Martin and Hobby Lobby would never let you hang like that.

Email's are always answered the same day, even late in the day.

Fred

Chris_K
09-05-2005, 08:38 PM
You know what, this is the kind of story that bothers me. You've helped me decide to get the Tanics. I can't risk my money with these people, nor can I afford to wait weeks to get my packs.

Thanks for the head's up.

Chris

ragbag
09-05-2005, 10:41 PM
Look at these batteries before you make a desicion. The first site is the distributor and they will sell to you, but recommended the Pure Hobbies, with the cheaper price. I haven't had mine long enough to be real positive, but I did order two 1800's from RCLipo,then wen't back and ordered two 2200 for the Kadet Lt 25 I am converting from Pure Hobby's.

Distributor: http://www.rclipos.com/

Pure Hobby's: http://www.purehobby.com/

Everything else came from Hobby Lobby!!!!!

By George

Blaze.45
09-05-2005, 10:45 PM
Hi-jacking is not good, plz dont do it.

*Edited my own post to be less offensive*

ragbag
09-06-2005, 11:51 AM
Quote Hi-jacking is ghey, plz dont do it. End Quote

Whats a ghey??

Edit MY message.
Who got hi-jacked?