PDA

View Full Version : Advice on a Spitfire please.

Grasshopper
06-27-2006, 02:07 AM
http://www.avia-richmodel.com/english/Products_View.asp?ID=238

I've just ordered this Spitfire and would like some advice on what brushless set up and servos to put on it. It shows the company's suggested system but I'll be putting it on my Spektrum. I would like it to have plenty of power but not necessarily 3D. I'm open to suggestions.

Has anyone seen or flown this model?

Thanks for the help.

Tom

darkside212
06-27-2006, 02:59 AM
Hey Tom,
I think the ELE20-20L would fly this plane nicely for general sport flying. Most guys get the TP30AG2 ESC with it (just to have the extra protection).

The BP21 might fly it okay, but you would not have the redundancy that the ELE2020L would provide. It would fly like a brushed setup IMHO

If you want vertical power the TPBM2908-10 motor would pull this plane straight up till you can't see it. One of my customers put it on a GWS CORSAIR!!! I couldn't believe it! but he said it was the best motor he had flown in a long time....I think he was just directing the thrust from the prop, but he says it flies nice. It is a little heavy at 90g

As always shoot me a pm for a deal on what ever motor you decide on.....for a sweet deal!

Grasshopper
06-27-2006, 03:17 AM
Thanks Paul. What do you mean by "Redundancy"? Are you talking about excess power?

Tom

darkside212
06-27-2006, 03:52 AM
exactly......I call it O'crud power :)