PDA

View Full Version : Any glider pilots in Arlington? TX

Epowerreg
06-29-2006, 05:20 AM
No elec or gas motors due to (liability) Flying site details on youtube under same search terms.

AEAJR
07-04-2006, 05:09 AM
I don't live in Arlington but visit family there from time to time. I am an avid glider pilot - pure type, no motor.

What ya got?

My nephew is getting into parkflyers. You got a place for him to fly?

AEAJR
03-10-2007, 10:16 PM
I will be visiting Arlington 3/23-25. Anyone flying?

AEAJR
08-24-2007, 04:04 AM
I am gong to be in Arlington this weekend visiting family. I won't have a glider with me but I was wondering if there was any thermal or slope soaring likely to be happening. Maybe I would drag the family down to watch.

AEAJR
08-24-2007, 04:06 AM
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v213/gliderworld/?action=view&current=Launchmpg.flv

click the blue letters above it will load and you can watch it over again by clicking play..this link works..

What are you useing to launch that plane? What plane is that?

AEAJR
08-30-2007, 10:44 PM
Has a great visit to Arlington. We did not fly gliders, we flew small electric planes. Saturday we went to one AMA club and Sunday we visited another. Lots of nice people in Texas. We had a great time.

Hopefully my Nephew and his Dad will join one of those clubs and will develop their piloting skills. This is a great Father/Son activity.

Taylorcraft_ASEL
08-31-2007, 02:37 PM
You're correct about the nice people in Texas...just seems they don't like gliders here. They "tolerate" my glider activity at my local club only because I have been a member for a long time. It must be some "manly" thing, can't seem to get anybody to fly unless it involves some LOUD oily thing!

I fly electrics also and hear folks say that they are not impressed. When I show them my ".40 size" electrics that will fly out of my hand (straight up), the usual comment is, "Well, if only it wasn't so quite"!?!? Go figure......

Ken

Has a great visit to Arlington. We did not fly gliders, we flew small electric planes. Saturday we went to one AMA club and Sunday we visited another. Lots of nice people in Texas. We had a great time.

Hopefully my Nephew and his Dad will join one of those clubs and will develop their piloting skills. This is a great Father/Son activity.