PDA

View Full Version : EFExtra300 mid-air crash captured ww/onboard video

FredMidgett
06-29-2006, 12:56 PM
At long last I have finished a video of the day my electric Funtana 40 took a big bite out of the Extra300. We were attempting to get some air-to-air footage for a video I'm working on. I was flying the Funtana, chasing pilot Bob flying the Extra. I wanted to get close...but when 1200watts gets too close...well...see for yourself. Read more about this event and see other videos on my web site:

http://www.higherplaneproductions.com/

As usual, good sound plays an important part in the viewing experience. This particular feature has a rather broad dynamic range. I highly recommend playing at a healthy volume on a system with high quality sound. Headphones are especially nice on this one. Special thanks to Chris Hinson at Extreme Flight for helping me "heal the bite" and to Ben Fisher at 3DHobbyShop.com for the original inspiration that evolved into this short feature. Enjoy. -Fred

firemanbill
06-29-2006, 01:12 PM
Ouch! was your flying partner mad at ya? Nice looking vid, and sound too!

FredMidgett
06-29-2006, 01:31 PM
Ouch! was your flying partner mad at ya? Nice looking vid, and sound too!

Since there were both my planes, no, he took it in stride. He only got mad the pass that I almost hit HIM! ;-) We were both pretty bummed that day because we had planned to shoot all day and this event made us wrap early. I figured it's a big sky, chances of hitting were slim even though we were trying to fly close. WRONG! In retrospect, we got a pretty unique perspective on an event most RC pilots hope will never happen to them. -Fred

firemanbill
06-29-2006, 01:43 PM
Yeah I was going to mention the near decapitation moment as well:eek:

Oh well... looks like you had fun and got some good video to boot!