PDA

View Full Version : 4th of july

redneckflyer
07-01-2006, 03:00 AM
happy 4th of july yall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grasshopper
07-01-2006, 03:33 AM
Thanks Redneck! I always enjoy the 4th. It's my birthday.

Happy 4th to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

redneckflyer
07-01-2006, 04:02 AM

Happy 4th to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you happy birthday grasshopper........ ill try not to step on you.:D :D :D ;)

Grasshopper
07-01-2006, 04:44 AM
happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you happy birthday grasshopper........ ill try not to step on you.:D :D :D ;)

Thanks. Much appreciated.

firemanbill
07-01-2006, 04:57 AM
happy 4th of july yall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is my calendar wrong??? or is NC just 4 days ahead of everyone else???:p

Happy birthday GH and the good 'ol USA

Have a great weekend YA'll!!!

EpoweredRc
07-01-2006, 04:15 PM

Happy Birthday to you and happy 4th of july to everyone else, 3 days to go here, in Ga LOL:D i do hope everyone has a great 4th and a safe one also.

Don Sims
07-01-2006, 09:35 PM
Enjoy the 4th folks! Get away from that grill and get some fly time in!

airmail wf
07-03-2006, 08:59 PM
Happy 4Th of July to Everyone. What a great Country we live in to be able to celebrate days like this.

A couple of years ago we had the third largest fireworks display in the World, 5 minutes from my house. My family and I were lucky enough to get one of the best seats in the house. 45 minute Grand Finale and that was before the real Finale. A twin rotor Heli started things off towing the largest Flag I have ever seen with fireworks going off and music blasting. We were sitting in the back yard of a million dollar house up above where the Heli was flying and at a little below where the fireworks were going off. Right at ground zero. You could almost reach out and touch the fireworks. My daughter looks at me and says " I liked it better at our old spot". Might have been to loud for her. One of those days that stay with you.

firemanbill
07-03-2006, 09:10 PM
That is cool Airmail.

Ours isn't so grand but we go to Yorktown. The Air Force Air Combat Command Band puts on a concert and then afterwards the fireworks go off from the York river and explode over top of the Victory Monument that commemorates Cornwallis's surrender to Washington ending the Revolutionary War. We set our stuff out to watch the show about 100 yards form the actual surrender point.

No offense to our Brit friends but it doesn't get any better than that!:D

Grasshopper
07-03-2006, 09:13 PM
That is cool Airmail.

Ours isn't so grand but we go to Yorktown. The Air Force Air Combat Command Band puts on a concert and then afterwards the fireworks go off from the York river and explode over top of the Victory Monument that commemorates Cornwallis's surrender to Washington ending the Revolutionary War. We set our stuff out to watch the show about 100 yards form the actual surrender point.

No offense to our Brit friends but it doesn't get any better than that!:D

I feel really deprived now. We have a dozen bottle rockets and a piece of pipe.

firemanbill
07-03-2006, 09:26 PM
I feel really deprived now. We have a dozen bottle rockets and a piece of pipe.

You can always watch the celebration from DC on TV :rolleyes: You know what one of those are don't ya??? lol

just kidding of course,

bottle rockets and pipe can be a lot of fun as well, just don't shoot 'em at each other:eek:

Grasshopper
07-03-2006, 09:27 PM
You can always watch the celebration from DC on TV :rolleyes: You know what one of those are don't ya??? lol

just kidding of course,

bottle rockets and pipe can be a lot of fun as well, just don't shoot 'em at each other:eek:

I wish someone would have told us that when we were kids...........oh, that's right, they did....we just didn't listen.

EpoweredRc
07-03-2006, 09:30 PM
Happy 4Th of July to Everyone. What a great Country we live in to be able to celebrate days like this.

A couple of years ago we had the third largest fireworks display in the World, 5 minutes from my house. My family and I were lucky enough to get one of the best seats in the house. 45 minute Grand Finale and that was before the real Finale. A twin rotor Heli started things off towing the largest Flag I have ever seen with fireworks going off and music blasting. We were sitting in the back yard of a million dollar house up above where the Heli was flying and at a little below where the fireworks were going off. Right at ground zero. You could almost reach out and touch the fireworks. My daughter looks at me and says " I liked it better at our old spot". Might have been to loud for her. One of those days that stay with you.

wow that sounds really neat, we just got over one county and hang out in the hhgregg/walmart parking lot to watch fireowrks, they shoot them off right behind there. we went there lat yr you can see them very good.

then the saturday after a park like couple miles from me always have a free concret and then fireworks.

airmail wf
07-03-2006, 09:40 PM
I forgot to mention the neatest part about this story. Most people started hours before to get their seats at this event. I was setting at a party behind my house not even going to the show. A friend of mine said lets go. It was 8:30 pm the show started at 9:00. I said no way. The police have everything shut down we will never get in. This girl made one I repeat one phone call at 8:40. We left at 8:45 there was a parking spot reserved for us. We walked about 50 yards to the back of the first Million dollar house that was left open for us to go through. Across a street to the second million dollar home. Walked through that house into the back yard and got our seats. It was now 8:55 and the Heli was warming up its motors. All this with one phone call.

Geoff_Gino
07-04-2006, 06:28 AM
Happy Fourth.

From the sticks in South Africa.

Nitro Blast
07-04-2006, 09:09 PM

Ditto, only mine is tomorrow!

Happy 4th and B-day!

EpoweredRc
07-04-2006, 09:19 PM
I forgot to mention the neatest part about this story. Most people started hours before to get their seats at this event. I was setting at a party behind my house not even going to the show. A friend of mine said lets go. It was 8:30 pm the show started at 9:00. I said no way. The police have everything shut down we will never get in. This girl made one I repeat one phone call at 8:40. We left at 8:45 there was a parking spot reserved for us. We walked about 50 yards to the back of the first Million dollar house that was left open for us to go through. Across a street to the second million dollar home. Walked through that house into the back yard and got our seats. It was now 8:55 and the Heli was warming up its motors. All this with one phone call.

WOW way cool, Happy 4th everyone

Rugar
07-05-2006, 12:27 AM
NOW its the 4th! :D
Have a good one everyone and play safe! :)

ForestCam
07-05-2006, 03:53 AM
Well I'm a little bummed this year. Been planning all day to try and get some aerial video of the fireworks since I figure from here I could probably catch at least three if not more community shows from the air but just my luck the winds never died down this evening and I really didn't want to try and fly that high up at night battling the wind.:(

Oh well, there's always next year.:)