PDA

View Full Version : what glue?

mountaindr3wz
08-27-2005, 05:45 AM
what foam safe glue should i use to build my mini hot rod also accellorator

Gyrogearloose
08-28-2005, 04:02 AM

Glues like the stuff included in the GWS kits works great. UHU POR is also good and almost the same stuff as the GWS glue. I have also used with good success Super Phatic. Some folks like the foam safe CA but I never could get it to stick well. YMMV.

--
Gyro

Foamer
08-28-2005, 04:21 AM
Foam safe on the light stuff and Ultimate Glue by Elmers polyurethane anywhere you would use Epoxy. The polyurethane is very strong, brush on some water on the foam then use very little polyurethane it will foam up and it is gap filling, its kind of ugly if it shows looks like some body arc welded your foam together, but its strong and cheap.

Lazyflier
08-28-2005, 06:34 AM

Oderless CA used with accelerator or kicker. (oderless CA is foam safe and about twice the price of regular CA)

flypaper 2
08-28-2005, 03:23 PM
Mostly use hot glue.

debhicks
08-28-2005, 04:05 PM
There is an entire thread concerning all the glues. We use odorless CA with foam safe kicker. When weight is an issue you want to use the lightest possible. Think we achieved that with a 6.4 oz total weight shock flyer. Including battery and motor. It's a little lighter now, we took off the landing gear. :)