PDA

View Full Version : Photos from Renton, Washington

Kosh
07-03-2006, 09:54 PM
Just a few pics from Saturdays flight in Renton, This is something I wanted to try for a long time but needed spotters to pull it off. This is very close to Boeing and a airfield with LOTs of private plane traffic I had to dodge not to mention 2 angry Osprey about the size of my plane that chased me all over the sky. I had no idea they had a nest in a cell tower I buzzed so evasive action was about all I could do. Only thing that saved my plane was hitting full power and climbing faster than they could. :eek:
Very aggressive birds and I have no dought they would grabbed the plane if given half a chance. No pics of the birds as I was busy fleeing for my life ... lol With real planes about ever 2 minutes at 500 feet this was quite a challenging feat as I was right in there flight path but my 2 spotters did a great job of giving me plenty of warning. :)

aviatordave
07-04-2006, 05:21 AM
Hey, I've been to Renton!

Pics look good, nice - clear - crisp

I assume that was with the 3700, huh?

Dang birds trying to protect their young!

adhoc
07-04-2006, 05:33 AM
Beautiful pics! I was looking at the 2nd one thinking "That looks like it is near Fry's...", and then I recognized Fry's!! Did you fly from the parking lot?

This was a great weekend for flying in the Seattle/Tacoma area, eh? I flew more in one weekend than I've flown in previous three weeks. Sunday morning I flew all three of my planes; then hung around with another guy flying his plane. Wind was less than 3 mph...

We should fly together sometime, Kosh... {smile} I work in Kent...

Kosh
07-04-2006, 07:01 AM
Thanks Dave, Yes it was the 3700. I just couldnt take the chance on a unproven cam and wanted to make sure I got the pics while I had spotters there. Bet you didnt even notice Mt. Rainier in the background on the Frys pic?

Thanks Adhoc, I can tell you that there are lots of people flying there on any given weekend that has flyable weather. Nice place for takeoffs and landings but stay away from the cell tower ... lol
Would love to meet you sometime for a few flights and we might even get some air to air shots of our planes if were lucky. Im farther north out of Bothell so Renton is about the halfway point for both of us. Shoot me a PM when your free sometime and lets do it.