PDA

View Full Version : Parkzone Super Decathlon On Floats

E-FLYERDUDE
07-04-2006, 03:21 PM
Hi, I just mounted gws floats on my parkzone super decathlon. Im going to test them out today and ill let you know how it goes

redgiki
07-04-2006, 06:58 PM
Good luck; at my altitude (5000 feet) I had no luck with the J-3 cub on floats. Same gearing, same motor. It would just drive around on the water :)

Bill G
07-06-2006, 06:03 AM
I don't know what it will fly like, but I can tell you that the GWS Beaver on floats can land itself, with no inputs. Kindof a nice feature for water landing.

E-FLYERDUDE
07-07-2006, 02:42 AM
I took it out but it was pretty windy, so I waited until it was pretty calm and i gave it a go. It took off real nice and i flew it around for a while and it landed nice but when i was taxing it back i ended up flipping it upside down. Now i have to get a new motor but i think i may keep the floats on it and just water proof it better next time.

Bill G
07-07-2006, 04:52 AM
I took it out but it was pretty windy, so I waited until it was pretty calm and i gave it a go. It took off real nice and i flew it around for a while and it landed nice but when i was taxing it back i ended up flipping it upside down. Now i have to get a new motor but i think i may keep the floats on it and just water proof it better next time.

Were you goofing around trying to see how fast you could get it going on floats?:eek:
I could see that happening easily, since I can usually get mine to slide in beautifully on grass lands, but often tips over right at the end. Doesn't hurt anyting, since its almost stopped, and its on dry land.