PDA

View Full Version : Qban banned?

easytiger
07-05-2006, 12:27 AM
Is that right? What did he do?

Don Sims
07-05-2006, 12:43 AM
Several threads on the subject where I'm moving this one.

Don Sims
07-05-2006, 12:45 AM
Here's one...
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8057

easytiger
07-05-2006, 12:57 AM
Thanks. I looked at that thread. It's closed.
But something struck me about it...

"EVERYONE is in Q-bans corner!"

HARDLY.
Q-ban is one of the most obnoxious people I have ever met online. Obnoxious in the worst passive-agressive, slyly nasty disruptive way.
And if you call him out on it, he will claim racism, bias, that the moderators are after him, that it's vendors bribing the moderators...ANYTHING but that it might just be him being completely obnoxious.
So I am not in the SLIGHTEST bit surprised he got banned.
Don't know precisely what did it, but I'm quite sure it was cumulative.
I'm not afraid of an argument, of a little online give-and-take, but I found Qban totally insufferable, and in no uncertain times, whenever I saw his name, I would just leave a thread. I and many others just don't want to be in the same room with the guy.
Hey, if you like the guy, great, I won't try to convince you otherwise, but don't think that EVERYBODY likes him the same as you, or that he was just standing there all innocent, doing nothing at all, when all of the sudden the mods came up and started picking on him. That's probably not what happened, but that is ABSOLUTELY standard Q-ban fare...he is completely innocent of anything and everything, just ASK him.

And he almost singlehandedly destroyed the Vendors forum...it's kind of hard to get any real meaningful info with Q-ban chiming in on EVERY thread, three or four times, slamming and re-slamming vendors he has never actually BOUGHT anything from.

Rant off...
Sorry...I just think people needed to know there is another side to this coin, and I'd bet, in this case, the mods had very just cause for their actions. And I'm not a brown-noser, either!

Don Sims
07-05-2006, 01:08 AM
We really don't need this to turn into another us against them sort of thread so I'm going to close it like the other ones. One of the Admins or Marc can open it back up and over rule my decision of course.