PDA

View Full Version : Aerial Video file size

aviatordave
07-07-2006, 06:44 PM
Lets see what the viewers think. We have broadband users and dial-up users......

What is the max filesize you will download if people post videos?

For instance, I have broadband and I can easily download a file of 100 meg.

please post your opinions if any.

Dave

< identities are not shown after you vote, so give it a go! >

Kosh
07-07-2006, 07:09 PM
Because I had dailup for a long time I always give some thought about making 2 versions of each video. While the broadband guys really dont care what size the files is I try and keep all my dailup versions under 5 megs now and thats not always easy todo as the quality suffers so much.

Ribcracker
07-08-2006, 03:46 AM
I didn't realize that you could resize videos. I have a very funny video of my plane (from my plane) going down into the woods. But it's three minutes long and 53 megs. With my dial-up, it would take all day to upload and I assume it would take all day to down load as well. I suppose I should explore the software that came with the camera but it's all so Greek.

Foamaholic
07-08-2006, 06:11 AM
Windows Movie Maker will resize videos. When you click Save to my computer and name the file then you can choose the size that you want to save it.

Randy Due
07-08-2006, 06:53 AM
Dave,

This is a very good question and poll. It really hits home for us dial up people.

5 megs is normally about my limit, but if I think it's a really good one I may go 10megs. Dial up is a real drag(literally), but is the only option except satellite out here. Satellite is just too expensive right now, for me. Even worse than downloading large files, is streaming video. I can't see anything that's posted on sights like putfile.

Randy

aviatordave
07-09-2006, 04:17 AM
Yes Randy,

I was there once too (with dial up). I think videos are pretty neat to watch when viewing from a ultra stable plane and see what other parts of this earth are like. Kosh makes 2 kinds of videos, one for broadband and one for dial up, I might start doing that too...just to share some of the fun with you guys.

I bet that green homemade plane you have would do some good video, have you posted much pictures/short video from it lately?

This poll is interesting also to say the least...over 60 views right now and only 11 votes.....

maybe some people are just passing thru this thread and decide not to vote...I dunno

Dave

Kosh
07-09-2006, 05:13 AM
Hey Dave, While your on it how about a format pole for video? Guess it kinda goes along with this. Would be worthy of another thread perhaps?

Randy Due
07-09-2006, 09:16 PM
Yes Randy,

I bet that green homemade plane you have would do some good video, have you posted much pictures/short video from it lately?

Dave

I've been lazy!:D :rolleyes: The plane can do a pretty smooth video. I need to get motivated and throw some clips together. Seems like time slips away. I built the plane a few months ago and have only flown it a few times.:rolleyes: I have got to get my priorities back in order!:D

Randy

aviatordave
07-10-2006, 04:36 AM
Randy,

Please do some video, I'd be interested in seeing it! Even if you have dial up, you could always upload before you go to bed and by the time you get up the next morning it should be done!

Really...I'd like to see some pics and video, alot of us would!

Dave

aviatordave
07-10-2006, 04:39 AM
Hey Dave, While your on it how about a format pole for video? Guess it kinda goes along with this. Would be worthy of another thread perhaps?

It might be worth a thread...

lets see what this does and we can start another

firemanbill
07-10-2006, 06:29 PM
I have high speed cable at home and love a good high quality vid, the bigger the better! I feel for those that high speed is not available to.

Grasshopper
07-10-2006, 06:55 PM
I have high speed cable at home and love a good high quality vid, the bigger the better! I feel for those that high speed is not available to.

Ditto!