PDA

View Full Version : Sig Rascal Makes Video

Flyer 1
07-09-2006, 05:09 AM
My electric Rascal is really too small to use for aerial photography... but since I got my little Sony DSC-T1 digital camera, I've been using it a lot to take small videos wherever I go.
So... today I thought "What the heck" and put the camera inside the cockpit, the lens facing through the left window. It records on a memory stick so it can't be too long. I'll reduce the video quality on subsequent outings.
Well, I hand-launched the Rascal in a little baseball field in our local schoolyard, usually only suitable for flying Aero Aces and regular park flyers. I should have been using a 3-cell LiPo, but didn't have them with me and settled on a 2.
Still - she gained speed and headed upstairs at a decent rate! I was frankly surprised she could handle that weight so easily. The Rascal is one heckuva flyer, though... throw a task at it and it handles it. :)

www.flyerwires.com/whiteknuckles.wmv (http://www.flyerwires.com/whiteknuckles.wmv)

Flyer

Frodo
07-09-2006, 07:50 PM
Very nice! I love watching these videos. Someday I hope to be able to do the same thing.