View Full Version : AP Contest #3 "Interesting mountains and hills"
07-13-2006, 09:52 PM
OK folks, the usual rules apply and the subject matter is "Interesting mountains and hills". (Now I gotta find out what Steve had for the usual rules!!) :o
Please post only one photo and is four weeks reasonable??
07-27-2006, 11:47 PM
I guess I'll go first.
Here my entry but may not be the final photo as I'm still deciding here. While flying around in the mountains might sound like fun I found the weird air current, downdrafts and sudden gusts to be downright frightening.
* Your name: Kosh
* Photo description: The Big View
* DATE PHOTO WAS TAKEN: July 27, 2006
* Place photo taken: Snoqualmie Pass, Elevation 4000'+
* Aircraft: MagpieAP
* Camera: Nikon 3700
07-29-2006, 06:35 PM
* Your name: Dave (aka aviatordave)
* Photo description: The hill side of Coralville dam at dawn
* DATE PHOTO WAS TAKEN: 22-Jul-2006
* Place photo taken: Coralville Resevoir, Iowa
* Aircraft: MM Magpie AP
* Camera: Pentax Optio s5z with prism
07-30-2006, 04:54 AM
* Your name: Craig / TaSaJaRa
* Photo description : Small Hills
* DATE PHOTO WAS TAKEN : 7-27-06
* Place photo taken : Riverside Alabama
* Aircraft : Modded Slow Stick type plane
* Camera : Pentax S5z
08-01-2006, 02:58 AM
well there's no hills around here, but that crane I am told is over 400 feet, and the stadium is nice to look at.
* Your name: Matt
* Photo description: the crane is really tall!
* DATE PHOTO WAS TAKEN: July 14
* Place photo taken: Ann Arbor, MI
* Aircraft: Slowstick
* Camera: Canon
Name: Eut Tileston
Photo desciption: Highest mountian in the San Francisco bay area behind a small hill in Martinez.
Date photo was taken: July 13 2006
Place photo taken: Over Martinez, CA
Aircraft: Slow Stick
Camera: Nikon 3700
08-01-2006, 03:35 PM
I just moved to a new house and there's a great place to fly from just 200 m away. I didn't think I'd make it to this contest because of the move.
* Your name: Tor Arne
* Photo description: Istind and surrounding terrain
* Date photo taken: July 31
* Place photo taken: Bardufoss, Norway
* Aircraft: GWS E-Starter
* Camera: Nikon Coolpix 3700
08-02-2006, 01:06 AM
Here is a photo I took in Bryce Canyon Nat'l park. I was on a quick trip from Washington State to Tucson Arizona to see my new baby grandson. Bryce Canyon is an incredible thing to see, photos don't do it justice.
Photo Description: Start of the Fairyland loop trail in Bryce Canyon.
Date of Photo: 7/28/06
Place: Bryce Canyon National Park in Utah.
Camera: Optio S5i
Steve Nolan (eBird)
08-02-2006, 03:07 AM
Name: "View from 12,500 feet"
Description: Flying above treeline
Place: Loveland Pass, Colorado
Aircraft: Slowstick with custom foam wing, PJS800
Camera: Canon 620
comments: Notice how the trees stop at 12,000'. That's an easy way to tell the 14'ers from the 12'ers...
Crash with Pride
08-06-2006, 03:24 AM
Oops, picture didn't work the first time.
Here's one of my first attempts at AP. I started out with a very cheap little digital camera, $25.00, but the results were unsatisfactory. This time I used a Nikon Coolpix L4 ( 4Mp ). This was taken on 7/23/06 from the school soccer field that I fly from. The Aircraft was a Hobby Lobby Miss Stick Senior with the camera mounting box rubber-banded to the Fuse at the C.G. This was taken in Southern Oregon, in beautiful, downtown Murphy, just a little south of Grants Pass. The camera and mount, with servo weigh in a just a little over 6oz. I was a little worried about Miss Stick's ability to hoist that much weight ,so I first had a test flight with the appropriate amount of lead fishing sinkers taped to her side and she didn't mind the extra cargo at all. The only complaint that I have about this little bird is that when I get her up high enough to get the photos I want it gets difficult to see her anymore.
Name: Ira Buckley Description: Ft. Casey gun emplacments and light house with Mt. Rainer in the distance. Date: 07/28/06 Aircraft Used: "The Shot" Getter Camera: Nikon 7600, Sports Mode ooops had to correct the date
08-06-2006, 06:44 PM
* Your name: Kyle G.
* Photo description: Devils Lake State Park. Looking at the south shore concession area. Taken from Burma Road. Those Bluffs were formed by glaciers during the last Ice age.
* DATE PHOTO WAS TAKEN: 8-4-06
* Place photo taken: Baraboo, Wisconsin (DLSP)
* Aircraft: Slow stick with Magpie wing.
* Camera: Optio S4i
08-11-2006, 12:21 PM
Did I mention I haven't a clue as to what I am doing???
* Your name Left Coast Larry
* Photo description Sunset over the coastal range
* DATE PHOTO WAS TAKEN 8-10-06
* Place photo taken Willits CA
* Aircraft P&SS
* Camera Point & Shoot video camera
Hope I did this right.
08-13-2006, 04:40 AM
* Your name Don
* Photo description This is our local "Mountian". Mt Pleasant we call it. It rises a whopping 250 feet above the street below and has a city park built around it now, complete with walking paths to the rock face summit that overlooks a good part of our little town to the West.(Yes most of us know that it's not really a mountian:))
* DATE PHOTO WAS TAKEN 8-12-06
* Place photo taken Lancaster OH
* Aircraft Wingo
* Camera Pentax optio s
08-16-2006, 03:33 AM
Please, no more comments in the thread, let the voting begin!!!!
vBulletin® v3.8.3, Copyright ©2000-2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.