PDA

View Full Version : foggy flight

yamakawazuki
07-15-2006, 02:13 PM
I went to my field this morning only to find it fogged in. Waited for a while, and thought it had cleared enough. I was wrong. nosed her in about from about 30 feet. I was trying to fly under the fog. Good news is, the plane is made off epp, and glued back together without any problems. Hopefully there will be no fog tommorow.

Frodo
07-17-2006, 12:36 AM
Yikes! Glad you could fix it!:)

My entire experience of flying my FB Cammander 2 is plowing it into the ground a various speeds. I have learned to cut the throttle when it is going down so that the prop does not eat my wing. I still find it fun though!

adhoc
09-05-2006, 03:29 PM
I went to fly my Space Scooter this morning for the first time in over a week, but I was fogged in. This is one case where calm wind and no sun (usually advantages of early morning flying) are a problem; I could have used some of each to blow and/or burn off the fog! At first I thought it might be okay, might even be fun to fly in the fog! I waited 10 or 15 minutes to see if it would get better. But I still couldn't even see the tops of trees from the middle of the field on. Patio lights on houses past the end of the field were vague halos of light at best...

I thought better of it and went to work... I'll have to fly another day... My plane is intact... :)