PDA

View Full Version : Early am at Pleasant Creek Park

aviatordave
07-15-2006, 02:55 PM
I got up early today and met the sunrise at Pleasant Creek Park, Iowa for some good AP. It was perfectly clear and calm, couldnt ask for better conditions. This area is used by the Nuclear Power Station about a mile away for a emergency cooling basin. Here are a couple shots - enjoy :)

Dave

I didnt change anything from the pics, its summer and I need to be outside!, the camera does a pretty good job I think.

MM Magpie AP
Pentax Optio S5Z

airmail wf
07-15-2006, 03:16 PM
Dave, Really great pictures. You better be carefull about airspace around a Nuclear Power Station. Since You are one out of the only two people in Iowa you might get Gene in trouble.:p ;)

aviatordave
07-15-2006, 06:42 PM
Ha ha ha

Gene is still a little farther north of here......but ya never know!

There is a ultralight that flies around quite often, I figured if he can - it shouldnt be too big a deal. :rolleyes:

I wished I would have gotten a pic of the cooling towers, with the high humidity this morning, there was alot of steam coming out.

Kosh
07-18-2006, 05:54 PM
The glass smooth water makes for some wonderful pics, I'm in awe as always and love to see other parts of the country. Thanks for sharing.

eflight-ray
07-18-2006, 06:47 PM
With all that lovely water you must be into flyingboats and seaplanes.

Great photo's, beautiful scenery. :)

adhoc
07-18-2006, 07:02 PM
Really beautiful, thanks for sharing with us... :)

Don Sims
07-19-2006, 03:18 AM
WOW! Great shots Dave! Looks like some hills there too! Even a golf bunker is a hill isn't it! ;)