PDA

View Full Version : Warbirds over Delaware event.

Twmaster
07-16-2006, 12:57 AM
I attended today's flying at the 'Warbirds Over Delaware' fly-in. All I can say is: amazing. :cool:

Since this is an AMA and IMAA event all of the planes were by IMAA rules (>80" monoplane >60" multi-wing) so most were wet powered. There were a couple of notable exceptions. There was a 12 foot span Gotha bomber powered by a pair of geared Hackers and a ~80" B-25 powered by a pair of really big GP Rimfire outrunners. Sadly my CF card in my camera got corrupted and many of my photos are lost including the electrics. :(

A few vendors were there including Maxx Products who had a nice selection of e-power goodies.

I had a ball. It was sweltering hot and humid then it stormed like crazy for an hour, stopped and the flying began again.

I'll be going next year. :D

WWI Ace
07-16-2006, 01:26 AM
Sounds great!!! One of the very few reasons I'd wanna live on the east coast. Steve.

Twmaster
07-16-2006, 03:47 PM
Well for now I am stuck on the East Coast so I am going to enjoy the events! ;)

Here is a quick and dirty album of photos (that I could recover from the now dead CF card) showing some of the awesome warbirds at the event.

http://www.twmaster.com/wod/subalbum_1_thumbs.html

Mods: If you feel this is inappropriate for posting as it is not from an electric event please remove.

Grasshopper
07-16-2006, 06:58 PM
Well for now I am stuck on the East Coast so I am going to enjoy the events! ;)

Here is a quick and dirty album of photos (that I could recover from the now dead CF card) showing some of the awesome warbirds at the event.

http://www.twmaster.com/wod/subalbum_1_thumbs.html

Mods: If you feel this is inappropriate for posting as it is not from an electric event please remove.

Drool Drool Drool.........Wish Wish Wish!!!!!

Walt Thyng
07-21-2006, 03:12 PM
It won't be long before you won't have to apologize for the lack of e-powered scale war birds. New batts and motors (including HiMaxx)will take care of that! In the meantime, I continue to fly four IMAA legal scale warbirds on e-power.
Walt

Twmaster
07-22-2006, 04:11 AM
I hear ya Walt.

If I can ever get time to build this winter I have a few ideas for an IMAA legal (or two. Heh, who am -I- kidding?! ;)) planes on electric power. Now with even more choices it's getting easier (just not cheap yet) to do! E-Flite is even comming out with a couple of BIG outrunners in the 100 and 160 nitro class power.

:)

herk_1
07-03-2007, 02:25 AM
bump!

Anyone else plan on going this year?