PDA

View Full Version : Mosquitoes,are you as tired of them as me?

EpoweredRc
08-28-2005, 11:53 PM
Is anyone else sick of the mosquitoes? I live in Paulding county GA and there terible this year I go out in the back yard for 8 minutes to fly and get ate up by them.I dont like to spray myself sometimes if I have taken a shower for the day but you get ate up does anyone else have a problem with them?

rcjake
08-30-2005, 07:40 AM
Not many in Phoenix...must be too dry for them!!!

But, when I lived in Illinois, I learned that if fresh broccoli was eaten regularly, those pesky blood-suckers would leave me alone.

Jake

EpoweredRc
08-30-2005, 03:21 PM
Not many in Phoenix...must be too dry for them!!!

But, when I lived in Illinois, I learned that if fresh broccoli was eaten regularly, those pesky blood-suckers would leave me alone.

Jake

Oh yeah well I dont eat broccoli often here lol.

ZIGZAG
08-30-2005, 04:22 PM
Hi
I know this will sound crazy but it works here in FL
Get a chunk of dry ice & place it up wind of your self about ten feet
The little buggers are attracted by the carbon dioxed
Thay think its the exhaled breath of there dinner.
Note It must be dry ice
ZIGZAG

EpoweredRc
08-30-2005, 06:46 PM
Hi
I know this will sound crazy but it works here in FL
Get a chunk of dry ice & place it up wind of your self about ten feet
The little buggers are attracted by the carbon dioxed
Thay think its the exhaled breath of there dinner.
Note It must be dry ice
ZIGZAG

Interesting:cool:

michpittsman
09-03-2005, 03:26 PM
I'd rather be bitten by mosquitos than eat broccoli!

EpoweredRc
09-03-2005, 05:14 PM
Now that is funny, I guess that could be a wieght lost plan! Hahahaha!Mosquitoes is not only the one that bug us in Portland,Oregon. I have to wash the bugs off the planes when I get home. I can here them hitting the plane when I do a low flyby! Hehehehehe!

Have fun guys!
Doctor Audio!

I always have some kinda bugs chasing my plane LOL also the bats in evening time they like to give chase also.

rcjake
09-05-2005, 03:10 PM
Awwwww! You guys probably don't like spinach, either!!!

BTW, michpittsman has the letters in his name needed to spell "spinach". Maybe he is Popeye in disguise!

:^)

Jake

ForestCam
09-05-2005, 03:23 PM
They don't seem to be as bad this year in Michigan and for some odd reason they don't bother me as much as other people whey they are bad.
My wife and I can be outside in the same area and she'll get eaten alive but I'll only get a bite or two.
And no, I don't like broccoli either.:D

Gonnacrash
09-06-2005, 08:41 PM
Some say rub one of those fabric softener sheets on exposed parts
then put in your pocket or stick it around your collar of your shirt,
someplace so its exposed to help keep them away.
Don-Basehor, Ks

EpoweredRc
09-06-2005, 09:47 PM
Some say rub one of those fabric softener sheets on exposed parts
then put in your pocket or stick it around your collar of your shirt,
someplace so its exposed to help keep them away.
Don-Basehor, Ks

Thats just for nats thought right? I havent tried yet.

rekitter
09-07-2005, 12:56 AM
Up here they are too big to be fooled by brocolli and dry ice. They are SMART, too! I saw one trying to figure out the latch to open the window screens! I live in Alaska. We grow 'em BIG up here!

Not a problem to speak of. Just run screaming down the road until you pass out and they will finish you off while you are unconscious.:eek:

zappedalaskan
09-07-2005, 09:22 AM
State bird as far as I know. I tend to agree. Your not living until you have a skeet the size of a small dinner plate land on your arm for "a snack".
They have attitude here.. Take care.
Jay

EpoweredRc
09-07-2005, 03:42 PM
State bird as far as I know. I tend to agree. Your not living until you have a skeet the size of a small dinner plate land on your arm for "a snack".
Jay
No thanks,you can keep them over there.

rekitter
09-07-2005, 10:07 PM
So I see you must have the SMALL ones up that-a-way! The extreme cold up in Fairbanks must stunt their growth!

I had one land in my pick-up box the other day and the weight of it nearly caused me to crash. The darn thing tried to pry out my back window to get at me and I was just lucky a State Trooper came along and shot it before it got in!

Those Troopers need more firepower though. He shot it nine times before it was subdued enough to be wrangled out of my truck and dragged away by animal control.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

debhicks
09-07-2005, 10:25 PM
Oh how about them there no see ums????? Now they will pick up your truck and take you home for dinner and you'll never know it happened tilll it's tooooooooo late. :)

rekitter
09-07-2005, 11:35 PM
You know NO-SEE-UMS too? How about White Sox (NOT The baseball team!)

Yes indeedee! The itty bitty bugs with the six inch fangs! Had one gnaw on my leg once. Never saw him coming but knew it for sure when he started in! Now I walk with a limp. Used to have a nice dog but it got carried away by one.

Real tough to survive an attack by a whole flock of 'em! Can't see 'em in time to get away and they are too quiet to hear. Bug dope is just a condiment to them.

EpoweredRc
09-08-2005, 01:57 AM
So I see you must have the SMALL ones up that-a-way! The extreme cold up in Fairbanks must stunt their growth!

I had one land in my pick-up box the other day and the weight of it nearly caused me to crash. The darn thing tried to pry out my back window to get at me and I was just lucky a State Trooper came along and shot it before it got in!

Those Troopers need more firepower though. He shot it nine times before it was subdued enough to be wrangled out of my truck and dragged away by animal control.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:eek: HAHA

MarkFitzgerald
10-20-2005, 02:26 PM
Jay

I must agree with the Alaskans. They were bad when I lived in Fairbanks, but the most aggressive ones I ever encountered were up on the Yukon and at Denali Park on Wonder Lake. Evil things. They liked Off and Cutter. The Yukon ones even liked the little green military 100% deet bottle stuff! Where my parents live now, in Soldotna, they aren't that bad. The mosquitos, I mean.:D Here in Stuttgart they are a nusiance, but not too bad. The Yellow Jackets here in August are aggressive.

EpoweredRc
10-20-2005, 03:15 PM
I must agree with the Alaskans. They were bad when I lived in Fairbanks, but the most aggressive ones I ever encountered were up on the Yukon and at Denali Park on Wonder Lake. Evil things. They liked Off and Cutter. The Yukon ones even liked the little green military 100% deet bottle stuff! Where my parents live now, in Soldotna, they aren't that bad. The mosquitos, I mean.:D Here in Stuttgart they are a nusiance, but not too bad. The Yellow Jackets here in August are aggressive.

WOW .I guess there worst in other places then here but there are reall a pest here.Cant go outside to the car hardly w/o getting bite a few times. I wear pants now just so they wont bite my legs.
You can keep them Yellow jackets up there. I dont like any kind of bees As I get really sick if I get stung we have a few around here, but this summer they wasnt really all that bad.

Hammerfly
01-02-2006, 03:51 PM
All I can say about this is,,,, don't move to Louisiana if you can't handle the skeeters.

Don Sims
01-02-2006, 07:13 PM
Yep, they are the state bird of Louisiana.

buzzbomber
01-03-2006, 06:13 PM
Skeeters aren't a problem for me this time of year......

...but then again, keeping my fingers warm enough to get a flight in IS a problem right now.

EpoweredRc
01-04-2006, 01:38 AM
Skeeters aren't a problem for me this time of year......

...but then again, keeping my fingers warm enough to get a flight in IS a problem right now.

Not a problem for me either this time of year but I posted this on 8-28-05 so it was then. I did however see a yellow jacket flying around the otherday it was about 55 here in Georgia Yes in December middle of the day it was nice that day I flew a time or two.

Hammerfly
01-04-2006, 03:05 AM
Well, I am sitting here and someone left the door open a little too long and a whole slew of skeeters flew in. Here it is in January and we still have some big ones flying around. I was thinking of strapping my r/c gear to one and finding a way to control the beast for some indoor flying, but the wife type nixxed that idea saying she was tired of lamps and such getting knocked over. I may just find a way to saddle one of them and ride them to work and save on gas instead. Just think, come springtime they'll get really bad. They literally kill the cattle around here when they are swarming. They get in their noses and choke them to death. Oh well, time to get back to work.

zappedalaskan
01-04-2006, 04:36 AM
Oh how about them there no see ums????? Now they will pick up your truck and take you home for dinner and you'll never know it happened tilll it's tooooooooo late. :)
I didn't see this post until just now. I just wanted to say, That is how I met my wife.. Never seen it coming....:D
Take care,
Jay