PDA

View Full Version : Camera mount on Magpie

TexasRCFlyer
07-22-2006, 12:09 AM
I have the standard Magpie with both wings. I also purchased the camera mount from mountain models. I was wanting to get ideas on how to mount the camera mount to the plane. I was going to just glue it but I realized that I would be gluing it to the tape and I wasnt sure how that would hold. I would like to have it removable so when I fly with the sport wing there is no drag. Any ideas would help. I will be flying it with a Nikon 3700 that weighs about 5.5 ounces.

aviatordave
07-22-2006, 03:46 AM
I would glue a piece of lite ply (size of mount) against the foam of planes body where you want to mount it (cg area I assume) - just cut and peel the covering from the area where the lite ply will be mounted and glued (epoxy or gorilla glue).

You could use blind nuts and nylon bolts to attach the mount to the lite ply that is glued against the body. Maybe 1/4-20 ? one in each corner...

hope I didnt confuse you!

Dave

for safety of your equipment, always secure the camera with a dummy cord in case of loose tripod bolt, etc

Kosh
07-22-2006, 07:41 AM
If your not doing any crazy stuff like loops and rolls you might get by with just some good velcro and a few of the nylon zip ties (cable ties) to hold it in place. Ties can just be cut and replaced when needed. Im sure you could improve on this idea also with ?

kc10boom
07-24-2006, 03:49 PM
I was surprised to see this thread today, because I am planning on doing the same thing. Please let me know how it is going.