PDA

View Full Version : porposing slow stick cured!

RickAvery
08-29-2005, 05:14 PM
I posted a thread last week asking for help with a porposing slow stick that my bro-in-law receintly put together. It seemed that nothing we tried as far as changing the CoG, or moving the wing back and forth would stop the thing from bobbing its nose up and down. Well we were out onf the runway trying out yet another CoG change & when checking out the control surfaces for correct movement, we noticed something. When the elevator was moved to the up position by moving the stick back, the elevator would move and then after about 1 to 2 seconds would creep back toward neutral even though the stick was still being held back :confused: It never went back to neutral but went back ~ 50 -75% of the way. Yikes!!! So not knowing if the peoblem was in the Rx or the servo, we switched the servo connectors on the Rx. Now left & right stick actuated the elevator, and the problem still existed. BAD SERVO :mad: Slap in a new servo, reset to the recommended CoG, and wa-laaa. Flies like a champ. Thanks to all who tried to help with your suggestions. Belive me, we tried most of them more than once. Your time is greatly appreciated!! Happy flying.
Rick

Epoxycup
09-06-2005, 06:57 AM
Rick

Glad to hear you found the problem and posted about it. We often tend to overlook bad servo's only because our radio equipment has become so reliable over the years. A good call and excellent trouble shooting. ;)

Steve
09-10-2005, 01:07 AM
I just had a similar experience with my Switchback, discovered that I must have whacked my servo as some point and it had several teeth missing, so at times would hang up in the air and suddenly pull hard to the left:eek:

I had to rewire my brain during one flight and land using rudder and throttle only. Got down in one piece....that time:o