PDA

View Full Version : Wally World remote "security camera" for AP?

rahtware
07-22-2006, 05:24 PM
I was at a local WW yesterday where I noticed they are selling, for $79-$109, complete remote camera setups. They include the cameras, transmiter, receiver and cables. I wasn't able to find out what their range was, but they look alot like the systems that are being sold on E-Bay for AP. Anyone else check into these?

Randy Due
07-22-2006, 07:11 PM
I was at a local WW yesterday where I noticed they are selling, for $79-$109, complete remote camera setups. They include the cameras, transmiter, receiver and cables. I wasn't able to find out what their range was, but they look alot like the systems that are being sold on E-Bay for AP. Anyone else check into these?

I glanced at them one day, but didn't really look that close. It's most likely an FCC Part 15 device, which means it would be low power output. I was never happy with my Part 15 Super Circuits device, even after building a patch antenna, etc. Seems like I just couldn't avoid the glitches/dropouts. I've read where other people have had better results, but for me it took a BWAV 600mw system to make me smile.:D

Randy

ForestCam
07-22-2006, 10:35 PM
Just an FYI but I noticed that Home Depot was selling the non one time use/USB ready version of the CVS digital camcorder for $109.:eek:

rahtware
07-23-2006, 06:10 PM
Just an FYI but I noticed that Home Depot was selling the non one time use/USB ready version of the CVS digital camcorder for $109.:eek:

I would (NOT) suggest checking out the OS helmet cam... Cheaper, easier to install.

After playing with one I had to add the NOT to this post... I didn't like the videos it took, or the software that came with it.

fasted623
09-13-2006, 08:40 PM
I too saw them at WallyWorld. I do believe the range is only 300 feet. Not enough range for me!

rahtware
09-14-2006, 03:18 AM
I too saw them at WallyWorld. I do believe the range is only 300 feet. Not enough range for me!

I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but it is the length of a football field...:rolleyes: