PDA

View Full Version : Crashed on Maiden

aircruiser
07-23-2006, 04:25 AM
Hey all, forgot to tell you all that my first ever kit plane that i helped my dad build (well, mainy watched and learned, but helped a bit) crashed. It was a Hobby Zone Aerocruiser Piper Cub replica kit. Well, it took about 2 months to build since me or him were usually busy, but we got it done. A few weeks later we had gotten my firebird commander 2 and his aerobird challenger. So we decided to maiden the aerocruiser too. First up was the aerocruiser. We fired her up and I hand tossed her perfect. She flew for 5 feet and nose dived. We decided to adjust the tail to gain more lift and off she went again, down she went again. Well, after getting a little frustrated, we decided to maiden the other planes. They went perfect although my mom hand tossed my dad's and no offence to the ladies, but she threw like a girl. :) Just a little humor, no offence. :D The propeller sliced the wing a good sized hole. So we took home all the planes and my dad shaved the motor mount so it was pointing the propeller a little higher. So we took it out again the next day and this time it climbed and then nose dived about 20ft. The nose was cracked and torn and the wind broke in half. Well, what can I say, you win some you lose some. My dad is going to gut the electronics and use the 4 channel radio in his TLT-1 rockcrawler and I get what's left of the body. :) Well, it was fun learning! To bad it had to go though. :(

Oh, and you can see it in this pic, it is the yellow plane.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g25/zillacamping/highestfgleet.jpg

Don Sims
07-23-2006, 12:57 PM
You and your family already have quite a collection!

nova801428
07-23-2006, 10:32 PM
love stampedes!!! Have fun with the rs4, love those too!!!

aircruiser
07-24-2006, 08:16 PM
Thanks all! It is alot of fun. To bad half of them are broken most of the time. :D