PDA

View Full Version : Is this a record for multiple emails?

firemanbill
07-25-2006, 04:44 PM
I just received 27 emails notifying me of a reply to a thread... Is that a record???:p

Am still getting tons of multiples, anywhere form 3 to well... 27 now.

adhoc
07-25-2006, 04:47 PM
Yow! I turned email notification off after a week or so. I tend to check WattFlyer every few hours, sometimes several times an hour, anyway, so I don't need an email to tell me... ;)

firemanbill
07-25-2006, 04:50 PM
Yeah I'm about ready to turm it off myself... It is beginning to get annoying. I came home for lunch and thought wow I'm a popular guy with all theses emails... of course 27 of them being the same message took a lot of that away.

That's kind of like seeing the mailman stuuf your box and it all be credit card apps:(

kind of takes the fun out of it!

Grasshopper
07-25-2006, 05:01 PM
Yeah, my wife just mentioned last night when she got on the computer that I get way to many e-mails. It must have had 50 different notifications. I think I'm going to turn my notification off too.

Grasshopper
07-25-2006, 05:11 PM
OK, Dumb question. How do I turn the notification off? I can see where you turn off notifications from admin, but I would like to leave that on.

Twmaster
07-25-2006, 05:13 PM
That's kind of like seeing the mailman stuuf your box and it all be credit card apps:(

Or mortgage come-ons.... (don't get me started)

As for emails, sheesh youse guys are wimps. I get between 400 and 700 emails every day as I am subscribed to several high traffic mailing lists and do much business over the Internet. Feh. My mail server -rejects- more than 200 spam emails a day.....

Grasshopper
07-25-2006, 05:19 PM
Golly Mike. I'm glad I'm a wimp! I would hate to wade through that many e-mails each day.

firemanbill
07-25-2006, 05:48 PM
Or mortgage come-ons.... (don't get me started)

As for emails, sheesh youse guys are wimps. I get between 400 and 700 emails every day as I am subscribed to several high traffic mailing lists and do much business over the Internet. Feh. My mail server -rejects- more than 200 spam emails a day.....

well for one thing I do not consider myself a wimp. I get tons of emails as well being the SA for my computer system at work as well as club president of my car club and member of the local and regional car club councils.... anyway...

I generally only get one reply, or notification on those though:D

adhoc
07-25-2006, 06:08 PM
OK, Dumb question. How do I turn the notification off? I can see where you turn off notifications from admin, but I would like to leave that on.There are no dumb questions... :)

If you go to User CP (Control Panel), on the left side under Settings & Options, click on Edit Options; in the second block, Messaging & Notification, 2nd box, Default Thread Subscription Mode, select "No email notification" . . .

BUT, this will only keep you from automatically getting notified on any new thread subscriptions. For any thing you are already subscribed to, read on...

Go back to User CP, and click on View all Subscribed Threads (little link at the bottom of the list of New Subscribed Threads)... Look at the column titled Notification, click the checkbox next to any that you have email notification on for (or if you have a boatload, just click the checkbox at the top of that column to select ALL the threads), then go down to the bottom next to Selected Threads: and select "No email notification" (under Update Subscription Type), then click the Go button...

Easy, eh? ;)

Grasshopper
07-25-2006, 07:31 PM
There are no dumb questions... :)

If you go to User CP (Control Panel), on the left side under Settings & Options, click on Edit Options; in the second block, Messaging & Notification, 2nd box, Default Thread Subscription Mode, select "No email notification" . . .

BUT, this will only keep you from automatically getting notified on any new thread subscriptions. For any thing you are already subscribed to, read on...

Go back to User CP, and click on View all Subscribed Threads (little link at the bottom of the list of New Subscribed Threads)... Look at the column titled Notification, click the checkbox next to any that you have email notification on for (or if you have a boatload, just click the checkbox at the top of that column to select ALL the threads), then go down to the bottom next to Selected Threads: and select "No email notification" (under Update Subscription Type), then click the Go button...

Easy, eh? ;)

Oh, you are just too good adhoc! Thanks a lot! I'm glad there's people like you that actually understand all this stuff and better yet, know how to splain it to us pooter illiterates.

Tom

adhoc
07-25-2006, 08:22 PM
You're quite welcome! I'm a software geek, I guess I'd better be able to do this stuff... :D

Lately I've been very jealous of my brother-in-law, who is a natural at working with his hands. We've been building a deck as an extended family project, and he just rips through measuring, cutting, and fastening wood like I walk through air... Seems like a more practical set of skills, or at least more visible, than 'puter stuff...

But hey, I'm becoming a wiz with glue... ;) (at least, gluing foam and balsa...) I suggested we use Gorilla Glue for the deck boards... :rolleyes: (no, not seriously)

Grasshopper
07-25-2006, 08:30 PM
I can handle nuts and bolts, wood, carpentry and that kind of stuff. I've been building models for over 35 years. My Dad and I used to build furniture in his wood shop and I've remodeled every house I've lived in. All that with doing machinery design for almost 20 years. That kind of stuff is fun.

Computers, thats just a world of Black Magic to me. I just want to turn it on and use it. I don't need to know what's inside. That's what the experts like you guys are good at.

firemanbill
07-25-2006, 09:22 PM
Well being a Fireman we are famous for being good at everything but we're not experts at anything. A jack of all trades but master of none so to speak.

I can rebuild a motor, pc, or a deck. :D ( the deck may lean to one side though)

Grasshopper
07-25-2006, 09:32 PM
Well being a Fireman we are famous for being good at everything but we're not experts at anything. A jack of all trades but master of none so to speak.

I can rebuild a motor, pc, or a deck. :D ( the deck may lean to one side though)

I'll bet you can cook too! It seems like every fireman I know is a good cook.

firemanbill
07-25-2006, 09:34 PM
I've been known to throw a spoon across the kitchen every now and then!;)

Twmaster
07-25-2006, 09:36 PM
I'll bet you can cook too! It seems like every fireman I know is a good cook.

Heh. You never spent any time at Company 4, house 1...... ;)

dinsour
07-26-2006, 03:14 AM
Firefighters don't build stuff, we chop it up and thrw it in the yaed.
Was a truckie for 33 years. never put on a roof yet but tore off a few LOL

73-------Ron

BTW I'm a great cook

admin
07-26-2006, 04:40 AM
We are aware of this issue and the fact that it continues to increase at times is peculiar. I have had it happen to me only once but cannot duplicate when or why. The good news is that the newest version of VB is due out any day now. they are at release candidate 2 and are likely to only have a final after that or maybe one more release candidate. So the upgrade could be literally any day or in a week or two depending on what VB does with its final release. As soon as it is "gold" I will upgrade and will email everyone to notify them and we can test to see if the upgrade fixes this nasty bug

Twmaster
07-26-2006, 04:44 AM
Just as a data point I have had it happen to me at least 4 times this last week or so.

admin
07-27-2006, 03:09 AM
Update..VB is at release candidate 3. most likely next release is gold in next week or so!

firemanbill
07-27-2006, 03:17 AM
Glad to hear it Marc! great job on the site by the way. Keep up the great work!

I have had more fun here than anywhere else online!

Twmaster
07-27-2006, 03:18 AM
I have had more fun here than anywhere else online!

Even more than those 'other' sites that bill you monthly? ;)

firemanbill
07-27-2006, 03:22 AM
lol, no need for those sites TW!:D :p

Rugar
07-27-2006, 03:32 AM
Even more than those 'other' sites that bill you monthly? ;)

LMAO! :D

firemanbill
07-27-2006, 09:43 PM
Well below the record but 13 multiple replies to the "what is 3d thread!"

Now I am beginning to be curious when I get home to see how many I get from each one, this kind of getting to be fun...:rolleyes: