PDA

View Full Version : AKM Spitfire, Anybody had flown one?

arck
07-27-2006, 12:54 AM
I bought one AKM Spitfire and don't know how it fly and some mods to build the plane,,,,my setup will be the axi 22/12/20 or the red mpjet, 1500 mah 20C lipo and 9x6SF or 8x4 prop. any suggestions?

The plane is not so rigid as the foamy Alfa,s but it looks great, the structure is from balsa covered with a thin painted coat like the monokote, I don't know which coat is, the plane mount is a stick mount made from wood, so I buy a stick mount from spritmodel for my axi but if I decided to put the red mpjet I have to build a new mount, the kit came with the stuff we need to build less the prop and spinner, the instructions came in a CD and I think is well detailed so we doesn't believe that we have problems with it, the bad thing is that it seems to be difficult to throw it as the Alfas, the good thing is that it costs half price of one foamy and it came with rudder and gear ready to install so it is worth to prove it .

alienx
07-27-2006, 02:46 AM
I'm gonna be watching this closely. As soon as I get my P47 up in the air, I'll be ready for a new bird.

I would have thought the balsa bird would have been stronger than the Alfa's. Does it feel lightly constructed?? I have a Cub still in the box that is covered balsa, but it seems really really weak. I'm not sure it could hold the battery if it landed firmly. There is really no frame, just a little thin balsa and ply. Maybe 1/16" thick. But I thought mine was the only one built that way.

Well, everyone likes that spitfire so it must be pretty good once it's together!

Grasshopper
07-27-2006, 03:00 AM
Is that the same as this one? If so, it is manufactured by Richmodels in China. I have the one in the link on the way.

http://www.avia-richmodel.com/english/Products_View.asp?ID=238

arck
07-29-2006, 05:56 PM
Is that the same as this one? If so, it is manufactured by Richmodels in China. I have the one in the link on the way.

http://www.avia-richmodel.com/english/Products_View.asp?ID=238

Hi guys, I think it is the same plane, good GH we could build together,,,here are some pics how it comes,,,
Werner

arck
07-29-2006, 06:02 PM
I'm gonna be watching this closely. As soon as I get my P47 up in the air, I'll be ready for a new bird.

I would have thought the balsa bird would have been stronger than the Alfa's. Does it feel lightly constructed?? I have a Cub still in the box that is covered balsa, but it seems really really weak. I'm not sure it could hold the battery if it landed firmly. There is really no frame, just a little thin balsa and ply. Maybe 1/16" thick. But I thought mine was the only one built that way.

Well, everyone likes that spitfire so it must be pretty good once it's together!

Hi Andy, I was in the same way but with the plane in my hands it seems that it won't support a strong fall as our Alpha,s,,,,your are right the plane is really weak but I think is so for not exceeding the weigh of 500gr to fly with our motors,,,
wm

Grasshopper
07-29-2006, 08:58 PM
Hi guys, I think it is the same plane, good GH we could build together,,,here are some pics how it comes,,,
Werner

Thanks for the pics Werner. Unfortunately, mine is on a slow boat from China (literally). You'll probably be done before I get mine. Please keep us posted with pictures though.

Tom

alienx
07-29-2006, 09:54 PM
Hi Andy, I was in the same way but with the plane in my hands it seems that it won't support a strong fall as our Alpha,s,,,,your are right the plane is really weak but I think is so for not exceeding the weigh of 500gr to fly with our motors,,,
wm

Yep, it looks like my Cub. I'll put a picture or two up later tonight so you can see what I mean. On one hand, I think my Cub wuld be great to fly. It's about 44" across the wing (I think), but the model only weighs about 16 oz. So it seems like it would fly nicely. But it is very fragile. Only time will tell though how it holds up. And I didn't read one complaint from anyone that owns the Spit, so I think it will be a good plane!

alienx
07-30-2006, 12:59 AM
Here's my Cub. It's funny, it looks almost the same shape in the front of the fuselage as your Spitfire. I wonder if this is some type of construction that I just don't know about. There seems to be a bunch of Chinese built planes made like this.

arck
07-30-2006, 01:48 PM
Here's my Cub. It's funny, it looks almost the same shape in the front of the fuselage as your Spitfire. I wonder if this is some type of construction that I just don't know about. There seems to be a bunch of Chinese built planes made like this.

Andy is the same type of construction,,,,I think we could but some CF spars in the fuse to make it harder,,, although I try to find where they come all are the same, yes i think is from china and all the models like this has the same type of construction, but as you say nobody had a complain with this bird so lets start,,,,,,
wm