PDA

View Full Version : How Links and Pics Open -- Options

spark
08-30-2005, 03:40 AM
Hi Marc,

Any chance of making how links and pics open an Option in the User profile. Here's the problem. I have a mouse that has a 'back button' on it, so I never have to move around the screen to go 'back' to a previous screen, I just click a mouse button.

When I click on a link or pic, it opens in a New window, so I can't use the mouse button to get 'back' to where I was. I either have to move the mouse up to top to close the window or down to the bottom to right click and close the window.

If you made it an option in the User section, when I click on a link or pic, it would open in the same window and I could just click the mouse to go back to where I had been. It's much easier than having to drag the mouse all over the screen. Best thing since sliced carrots. :)

thanks

Mike Parsons
08-30-2005, 04:07 AM
Good suggestion! I like :)

Twmaster
08-30-2005, 04:12 AM
Speaking of mice and this here nice forum site. Can you give us the option of turning off the darned bubble that pops up when you pass the mouse over a thread title? This drives me crazy. I absolutely hate it. I also know it is an option that can be enabled on this forum software.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

--
Mike N

admin
08-30-2005, 04:48 AM
I will see if I can make these a user toggle. Give me a bit because this board is due for a new release shortly (out of beta but in release candidate mode now). Once it's done I will add some toggles. They should be user based because some people prefer the behaviours described while others don't

Twmaster
08-30-2005, 04:55 AM
Thanks Marc. Your efforts are appreciated. Also, nice digs. I like this place.

--
Mike N
Flying Fool ;)

admin
08-30-2005, 05:33 AM
The thread preview is now an option in the User CP options section. You can now disable it on a per user basis. was easier than I thought so if I have to redo later no big deal.

Twmaster
08-30-2005, 05:52 AM
The thread preview is now an option in the User CP options section. You can now disable it on a per user basis. was easier than I thought so if I have to redo later no big deal.

WOOTY!!

--
Mike N

admin
08-30-2005, 05:00 PM
I made the default so it opens in same window for now. If everyone prefers this I will just leave it. If others want them popping in a new window though I'll leave this as default but add that option too. I agree same window is more convenient

spark
08-30-2005, 08:11 PM
Thanks, but I think you'll find there are some members who prefer them to open in new windows, so you may need that toggle after all.

admin
09-06-2005, 03:49 PM
true..I'll see if anyone suggests the alternative or pushes back on the same window concept. I think once you get used to it it's fine.