PDA

View Full Version : Motor suggestions for tenth scale Hurricane.

Tom Sawyer
07-27-2006, 10:27 AM
Now my aileron flying is progressing nicely I'd like to bring my Hurricane out of semi retirement and fit a brushless to it.

The model is balsa, has a span of about 42'' and weighs 670gms (23 oz) WITHOUT radio or power system.

I have an HET 15-10 that is giving balistic performance in my Viper but that model is only 37'' span and weighs only 260 gms (again empty of radio or motor). If the 15-10 could power the Hurricane it would be great as I can pick these motors up for only 26.

The sort of performance I am after is 20min minimum duration with ability for mild aerobatics and potential for vertical climb. Any suggestions for a suitable motor/li po combination that would provide this (especially if I could use the 30amp esc I have) would be helpfull.

Tom Sawyer
08-04-2006, 10:24 AM
Went with an HET 2912-10 in the end. All up weight will be 25% lighter than with the old brushed system and so with the extra power over the old speed 600 it should do the trick.

I will post some pics of the Hurricane when its ready for anyone whos interested.

DetroitHawk
08-04-2006, 05:28 PM
Yeah, i would like to see some pics.